• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VOT-U ACSO to Pilot

regimentalclown

Reaction score
Im an ACSO OCdt in the ROTP civvy U program. I’m going to BMOQ mod 2 this summer, and I’ve realized that I would like to VOT-U to pilot. The directive in the BTL guide my ULO provides all OCdts says that they would like to approve transfers to preferred occupations, but we all know that doesn’t always work like that.

I passed CFAST and CFAT for pilot in the initial application process, and the results are still valid so they wouldn’t have to be repeated. I also received an air factor for pilot in the process, so I don’t think there will be any hiccups redoing that. Does anyone know what I could do to maximize my chances of being selected for an OT(U)?

Just curious - what made you choose ACSO if you passed for Pilot?

As for the process, unless you have any previous experience, there's probably not a lot more you can do to maximize your chances other than what you've done already. I suggest speaking to the ULO about it.

Just curious - what made you choose ACSO if you passed for Pilot?

As for the process, unless you have any previous experience, there's probably not a lot more you can do to maximize your chances other than what you've done already. I suggest speaking to the ULO about it.
I didn’t choose ACSO-that’s all that was left by the time my medical was done. My CFRC colossally mismanaged my ROTP application 2 years in a row, so I took ACSO because I had no reason to believe they would make it right the 3rd time around.

I plan on speaking to the ULO after I complete BMOQ mod 2, though through some research it seems like the BPSO has all the power here.

I plan on speaking to the ULO after I complete BMOQ mod 2, though through some research it seems like the BPSO has all the power here.
The PSO has some power as in your file goes up through them. But, I wouldn't say they have all the power.

Would getting a recommendation from my CO boost my chances?
Part of the application has a spot for CO's comments, although they are generally drafted by your CoC not the CO themselves.. They can help but it is mostly to ensure that the member is an admin burden or some other form of useless. It will carry some weight but not much.

Part of the application has a spot for CO's comments, although they are generally drafted by your CoC not the CO themselves.. They can help but it is mostly to ensure that the member is NOT an admin burden or some other form of useless. It will carry some weight but not much.
Sorry bit of a typo in my post

I didn’t choose ACSO-that’s all that was left by the time my medical was done. My CFRC colossally mismanaged my ROTP application 2 years in a row, so I took ACSO because I had no reason to believe they would make it right the 3rd time around.
So, the CFRC delayed your medical for almost 3 years?

So, the CFRC delayed your medical for almost 3 years?
I applied to ROTP 2 years in a row. The 1st time around, my medical file was not sent to the RMO until July. Too late for ROTP. 2nd time around, it was approved in late June, too late for Pilot but in time for the few remaining ACSO slots. I did not want to apply a 3rd time because I had no confidence in my CFRC to get it done in a timely manner, and the ACSO trade is of interest to me.

I applied to ROTP 2 years in a row. The 1st time around, my medical file was not sent to the RMO until July. Too late for ROTP. 2nd time around, it was approved in late June, too late for Pilot but in time for the few remaining ACSO slots. I did not want to apply a 3rd time because I had no confidence in my CFRC to get it done in a timely manner, and the ACSO trade is of interest to me.
Understood.

Sorry for the questions, I don't know if it's going to get out of the focus of the post.

But when you talk about CFAST, is the selection made in Trenton?

I postulated only for pilot in that first moment. I did my CFAT, I passed. I did the medical exams, and I'm waiting for the next step. Would that next step be the interview or Trenton?

On the application website, in the timeline there is a step "Competition list", what would that step be?

I have a private pilot's license, and I'm missing the theory test to get a commercial pilot's license. I included this information in my dossier, would that be a good thing? Help with something?

Thanks

Back