• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

VR Question

chadk

Inactive
Reaction score
I haven't found an answer to this, and maybe that's a hint, but if a member VRs from Regs can that member get help with education just as someone being released medically?

chadk said:
I haven't found an answer to this, and maybe that's a hint, but if a member VRs from Regs can that member get help with education just as someone being released medically?

Myself, i would love to work and be in uniform, and have on occasion tried to convince doctors to allow me but the problem is that i have both noise and light sensitivity, cannot turn my head in any direction without becoming dizzy, or even read a book for more than a few moments.

Man, how do you expect to get an education with your condition? Right now the military medical system is doing what it can to help you and providing you with a paycheck so you can support yourself. If they exhaust all options you will be medically released and there is a system in place to support you beyond that. If you VR you will stop being payed, and judging from what you said it is not like you can work anywhere else, and you will cut yourself off from all the support serving/medically reased members get.

Perhaps you should worry about getting better before you try to get out. How is trading the military medical system (where everything is paid for and you get unlimited paid time off) for the civilian medical system (no pharma-care, having to start over with a new doctor, having to take time off work for appointments (assuming you can get a job)) a good plan?

I hear you......it's just just frustrating I guess that something as simple as a headache and dizziness can take over your life and literally cripple you.  I'm pulling strings on things that I don't even know what I'm needing at this point and think judging by that, I've already become impatient .....I suppose which is not a good thing. 

Ludoc said:
How is trading the military medical system (where everything is paid for and you get unlimited paid time off) for the civilian medical system (no pharma-care, having to start over with a new doctor, having to take time off work for appointments (assuming you can get a job)) a good plan?

Not to suggest anyone should ever quit any job,  but if comparing "the military medical system" to "the civilian medical system", some non-military employers do provide good benefits.

To be clear,  I do not recommend anyone quit any job.

Ludoc said:
, and judging from what you said it is not like you can work anywhere else,

Especially important not to quit any job if that is the situation.

Back