• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Week 0 Fitness Test Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThadoS

Inactive
Reaction score
I have a pretty basic question just about the running, during week 0 where they test how fit you are. Push ups and sit ups i'm not worried about.
What does it involve? how much do you run? how far, how fast... How do you fail? what's a pass. (just to see where i'm at, I leave in less than 2 weeks)
How bad do you have to be in order to fail it?
I do a lot of Physical Activities (swimming, Volleyball, Running And Working out at the gym...etc )
I'd say my cardio is average
i'm 6'3 190lbs i can usually Run up to 20-30minutes without stopping at a steady pace.

-New Recruit  >:D

Just to add my 2 cents to what Moe said...

I highly recommend that you (and anyone heading to basic) learn about the shuttle run and find a way to practice it before you go. It really is different from just straight running. Practicing the 20 msr before our Jan. basic saved at least a few of my platoon mates from going to WFT. We could all run, as in "jog for long distances", but the shuttle is more like sprinting back and forth, especially at the higher stages. Many of us were surprised at how difficult it was to get to a level 5 or 6, despite doing lots and lots of running beforehand.

And just to add to Celticgirl's comment  ;)  there's plenty of threads here on the MSR (shuttle run) with video and I'm pretty sure there's a link (wav or mp3) for the actual timings.

PMedMoe said:
And just to add to Celticgirl's comment  ;)  there's plenty of threads here on the MSR (shuttle run) with video and I'm pretty sure there's a link (wav or mp3) for the actual timings.

There was a link somewhere on this site with the audio file, actually, and we used that for our practice sessions. Very, very helpful. If you search for "beep test" or "shuttle run" on YouTube, you should be able to find plenty of video examples there as well. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back