• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

weekend BMQ or SQ

babyjoker

Inactive
Reaction score
My apologies if this topic is already covered but I couldn't find anything specific in a search. Does anyone know of any upcoming weekend BMQ or SQ training in the Lower Mainland BC? Starting before Summer.

Thanks

SQ starts tomorrow morning at 0700.  There will be no more weekend courses starting before next September or October.

How many weekends per month is the weekend BMQ (SQ, etc also for that matter)?  Thinking about joining up and make it for the weekend BMQ's starting this fall.  I know the normal reserve schedule is Thurs plus one weekend a month.  I'm curious if BMQ sticks to the same schedule or takes up additional weekends per month.  I heard training goes all the way up till May, is that just BMQ or BMQ+SQ?

Also, any major differences between summer & fall sessions?  Other than the training being broken up and having to switch between civilian & military modes the whole time.

scurvybob said:
How many weekends per month is the weekend BMQ (SQ, etc also for that matter)?  Thinking about joining up and make it for the weekend BMQ's starting this fall.  I know the normal reserve schedule is Thurs plus one weekend a month.  I'm curious if BMQ sticks to the same schedule or takes up additional weekends per month.  I heard training goes all the way up till May, is that just BMQ or BMQ+SQ?

Also, any major differences between summer & fall sessions?  Other than the training being broken up and having to switch between civilian & military modes the whole time.

These questions have been asked and answered many times on the forum. Try searching next time. However, I'm bored, so I'll answer anyway.

When I did my BMQ over the weekend it was three if not four weekends per month, starting Friday evening and ending Sunday afternoon. Training in the PRes once you're finished training tends to be one day during the week and the occasional weekend, nowhere near the training pace you'll get on course.

Differences between summer and fall training? Summer training is full-time. In my personal opinion you get a lot more out of it training full-time than just on the weekend, you tend to slip out of course-mode a bit too easily.

Thanks for the info.  I searched for a while but didn't find the exact answer about how often the weekends were.  But otherwise this forum has answered alot of the questions I've had.  Though I'll probably still have specific ones for the actual regiment (BCR).

Back