• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Weekend BMQ starting Sept 2007

5minutemajor

Subscriber
Inactive
Reaction score
Firstly, I would like to say a warm hello to everyone here on this board.

Second, I have searched and could not find the appropriate content for this for it has not happened yet but perhaps some experienced personnel here can help shed some light on this for me.

I was sworn in on June 26, 2007 to 2MPU-32 MP Platoon and was scheduled to go to BMQ at Cannaught (sp?) On on July 3rd, however it did not happen due a few reasons. I would have preferred to do summer BMQ but my civilian job did not grant me the leave I required in order to go.

I have know  been told that I can participate in weekend BMQ starting this second weekend of September.

My question is this:
Is this going to be a  BMQ/SQ training combination? My staff Sergeant indicated that it is, but other members I speak to indicate that they have never heard of weekend SQ commencing right after completion of weekend BMQ.

However once again, my SS told me that I would then be able to complete my MOC training in the summer of 2008. Another member told me that there will also be 4 additional weeks of driving training, but I am assuming that I would be fully qualified to work after MOC training and that drivers training is simply  ongoing training course that is not required to be considered fully qualified in the trade. I could be wrong in this and if so please correct me.

Sorry if this has been repeated and please forgive me if I have not searched correctly, but I also understand that training policies are actually being revamped and restructured to accommodate based on number of recruits and the availability of instructors to run each course.

I thank you in advance for your courteous replies.

ACtually you will possibly do your BMQ (Basic military course) which last a total of 22 days (or 11 week end)

after you might be offered to do a week end SQ after, but it will be an other course.

Often there are a BMQ in autumn and, a SQ begening somewhere is janurary that last 16 days or (8 week end)

I never saw or heard a combination of both...they are sperate courses.

Right sorry for any misunderstanding. That is what I was trying to say I guess that one would complete BMQ in it's entirety and then commence another course for weekend SQ shortly right after that. Thank you.

Is any one else going in September? I am assuming it will be at Denison.

I was sworn in on 26th of may and i was unable to attend the summer BMQ course in Wainwright but i was on a trip to Europe with my girlfriend so i could not go.  But i am attending the weekend courses up there in september.  Does anyone have any info on this course @ Wainwright?? and do they send you a letter in the mail telling you what to bring???? Cheers

5minutemajor - you may want to complete out your profile with your location if you want people to assist with where it may or may not be held...

Also, FYI, there is no current  rank of  "Staff Sergeant" in the CF.... 

Meridian said:
5minutemajor - you may want to complete out your profile with your location if you want people to assist with where it may or may not be held...

Also, FYI, there is no current  rank of  "Staff Sergeant" in the CF.... 

Ok, thank you for the tip and the FYI. I will complete my profile.

Back