• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What age is too old to commission

chadk

Inactive
Reaction score
What age within the Canadian Forces would be too old to commission?  In some military's there seems to be age limits but I'm not sure about ours.  I'm 41.

chadk said:
What age within the Canadian Forces would be too old to commission?  In some military's there seems to be age limits but I'm not sure about ours.  I'm 41.

CRA is 60. My uncle was advised that he needed to be sworn in before 55.

If you're talking CFR, then some trades have individual stipulations. Most commonly, it's ten years service remaining to CRA.

And as with many things officer-related, a lot can depend on what commisioning plan you're talking about. A 50 year old commissioning under ROTP would be practically unheard of, a 50 year old commissioning under SRCP would be almost normal.

But if you're talking CFR? Commissioning in your 40's under CFR is pretty common.

chadk said:

It all depends on what the "Commissioning" Plan is.  ROTP, RETP, UTPNCM, SCP, SRCP or CFRP.  Each have their own set of conditions attached.

Back