• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What do you use as motivation?

Hopkins

Inactive
Reaction score
1.  What is your motivation in the Armed Forces.
2.  What do you use to get pumped.
3.  Why did you join?

1.  The fact that I know there is something I can do for my country and for others...If I risk my life, it will be for the good.  I know that evil is out there.  Each day I hear news about what is happening to innocent people such as those terrorists responsible for the beheadings...I just sit...Maybe for 30 minutes...And think...I feel if I can do something to prevent from it happening to anyone, I've done my job and my purpose.

2.  Sit and think for a while, music, posters in my room...I'll stare at them for hours, get a workout in on my gym/go for a run.

3.  In process of joining...But basically same as number one.  The challenge, the opportunites, and the experience...There is no other job like it.  And I sure wont be plantin my arse down in some chair and write on papers.

Now I was wondering if you can answer the same questions.  I'd be interested to know what members of the Canadian Forces feel.

Good ideas there man,

Yea i'd also like to know what sort of music the CF listens to to get oumped up for battle. And yeah Hopkins i know how u feel, i too would give my life for the good of our great nation.

jerrythunder said:
Good ideas there man,

Yea i'd also like to know what sort of music the CF listens to to get oumped up for battle. And yeah Hopkins i know how u feel, i too would give my life for the good of our great nation.

I have an MP3...So I have assorted bands.

Godsmack
Metallica
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Element Eighty
Spineshank
In flames
Hatebreed
Spiderbait
Powerman5000
Slipknot
Blur
P.O.D
Saliva
Tool
Greenday
Flaw
Blink 182

These are the artists on my playlists...I have everything from Heavy metal down to rock.  None of the pop stuff...Can't get motivated by that.

Why don't you guys post your own?  Don't be shy :threat:

Before I go and teach on any course or tasking I re-read "Starship Troopers" by R. A.  Heinlein.
Don't think the book and movie are the same for an instant.

Please do a search on the topic and you will know why.

I like listening to the theme from "Starship Troopers" to get pumped while packing right before heading out on ex. It's a good tune.

(I like the movie for the cheesy sci-fi, I like the book because it's incredibly well written)

Prior to getting on the Chinooks for Op Harpoon in Afghanistan I listened to the album Violence by Nothingface.  In retrospect, the lyrics are ultra violent and I wouldn't want my daughter listening to it, but at the time it certainly got the blood fired up for battle.

Nothing like the Ride of the Valkyries to get people moving, but nothing stirs the blood quite like Borodin's Polotsvian Dances - makes you want to rush out and join up all over again ... almost.

About the only visual stilumus I needed was a quick look at my cap badge and the bits and pieces on my shoulders - reminded me of duty and responsibility.

Back