• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What should I do in these circumstances?

Status
Not open for further replies.

leed24

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everybody, I'm new to this forum.  I was trying to search for an answer to my question, but I couldn't really find anything that would clearly answer it.  Anyway, this is my question.  I want to become a reserve for the summer of 2006.  However, I am brand new, meaning I haven't joined a unit, and I haven't done the BMQ course.  I understand there is a summer BMQ course and a weekend BMQ course, but since my weekends are busy for this school year, I cannot do the BMQ course.  Since that takes a month for the summer and SQ takes another month, will I still have the oppurtunity for full time employment with a unit?  I'm not really familiar with how that works.  Also, my summer starts in early May, and I understand the soonest BMQ summer course is in July.  Does this mean I can't do anything for my first 2 months of summer?  I really want to be a reserve, despite all the discouragement I'm getting from family and friends, but I cannot do so unless I am able to find some sort of employment for the whole 4 month summer since I need the money for school.  I know I should go visit a unit and ask them questions, and I plan to do so, but I just want to do a little research before walking in. 

Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks!

I also have the same problem, by birthday is the 27 of July so i have to start then. My suggestion is talk to a recruiter whenever you can because they can arrange things and work things out.

Leed, Warthor is right. Your best bet is to contact CFRC and explain your situation. Also, don't forget to get started on your app once you decide. It can take a significant amount of time to process depending on your situation.

Good luck!

Don't bother talking to the CFRC/D go directly to the reserve unit as they know what they can do and not do for you.

Hey guys, thanks for the advice.

Anyway, I went to both a Argyll's unit and the Hamitlon CFRC.  Unfortunately, the recruiting officer of the unit was not there, so I went to the CFRC.  I got a bit more information about reserves during the summer, but he told me that there are far less open positions this year.  I was kind of discouraged because I was told that they only have 40 open positions available this year compared to last year's 200 open positions.  I guess they filled up too many spots last year.  I guess I'll just give it a shot, but I really want to become a reserve, especially in this unit because I've been reading a lot of good things about it.

Once again, thanks for your help.  Greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back