• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's a CBRN DEFENCE ADVISOR (AION)?

Jarnhamar

Army.ca Myth
Reaction score
Does anyone know what the CBRN DEFENCE ADVISOR
(AION)  course is about?

Appears to be about a weeklong course.

Jarnhamar said:
(AION)  course is about?

Broad overview of each's environments CBRN capabilities, training and equipment along with some doctrine.  Few guest lectures from inside and outside CAF and high level overview brfs of CBRN contingency plans.  Suppose to be essentially a crse that member can then go on and be a staff advisors on broad capabilities within various HQs.  All in all about 2.5 days strung out for 5 but a great excuse to go to Ottawa on TD. 

Jarnhamar said:
(AION)  course is about?

I looked at this a while ago. Basically it would be a unit level CBRN SME. Theoretically, unit/sub unit command teams would draw on your knowledge for all things CBRN. Functionally they’ll ignore your knowledge because it’s an inconvenient reality, you’ll probably eat undesirable staff jobs and become the Gas B****. If you’re still looking in our direction it would be a solid resume booster.

Brihard said:
I looked at this a while ago. Basically it would be a unit level CBRN SME. Theoretically, unit/sub unit command teams would draw on your knowledge for all things CBRN. Functionally they’ll ignore your knowledge because it’s an inconvenient reality, you’ll probably eat undesirable staff jobs and become the Gas B****. If you’re still looking in our direction it would be a solid resume booster.

It isn't even aimed at the unit level because there are no tactics on the crse nor could you run a gas hut or any of the other fun stuff with the crse.  It is truly aimed at the Bde+ staff

MJP said:
It isn't even aimed at the unit level because there are no tactics on the crse nor could you run a gas hut or any of the other fun stuff with the crse.  It is truly aimed at the Bde+ staff

I’m out to lunch then, thanks. Sorry, I must have been thinking one of the other CBRN courses.

MJP said:
Broad overview of each's environments CBRN capabilities, training and equipment along with some doctrine.  Few guest lectures from inside and outside CAF and high level overview brfs of CBRN contingency plans.  Suppose to be essentially a crse that member can then go on and be a staff advisors on broad capabilities within various HQs.  All in all about 2.5 days strung out for 5 but a great excuse to go to Ottawa on TD. 
Thanks! The school in Borden is oddly anti-forthcoming with information about their courses.

I've heard some rumors as well that they're looking at amalgamating the Defense NCO and Defense Officer course too. Not sure how accurate that is.

[quote author=Brihard]If you’re still looking in our direction it would be a solid resume booster.
[/quote]

Absolutely. Thinking any exposure is good. The CBRN defense center operator course might be a decent one as well.

Back