• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

What's firing a .50 cal sniper rifle do to snipers' heads?

daftandbarmy said:
It was fun experimenting with how close one needed to get to the 84mm when it was firing before the big invisible stick bashing on one's head stopped.

One needed to be pretty close as I recall.

I found myself in the wrong place in the back blast radius during a platoon attack...got up parallel with the number 2 about 15ft away and still felt like a sledgehammer smoked me upside the head.  They missed on the first shot...

MM

daftandbarmy said:
It was fun experimenting with how close one needed to get to the 84mm when it was firing before the big invisible stick bashing on one's head stopped.

The 84mm was much harder on the RSOs than the old (and I'm dating myself) 3.5" rocket launcher which was more of a "whoosh" than a "crack!".  My least favourite weapon to RSO was the 106mm RCL.  Every time it went off (and they were employed/sited in pairs) it felt like you got simultaneously kicked in the chest and slapped in the nuts.

Haggis said:
The 84mm was much harder on the RSOs than the old (and I'm dating myself) 3.5" rocket launcher which was more of a "whoosh" than a "crack!".  My least favourite weapon to RSO was the 106mm RCL.  Every time it went off (and they were employed/sited in pairs) it felt like you got simultaneously kicked in the chest and slapped in the nuts.

Funny, as I read that I envisioned a new stunt for 'America's Got Talent.' ;)

Back