• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Whats your oppinion on Cadets wearing maroon berets...

• Thread starter Thread starter D-n-A
  • Start date Start date

Maroon Berets

• Yes

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • NO

Votes: 10 45.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
its there choice not to wear it. they have the option. the only cadets that should be allowed to wear it are the ones that have done there para course.

-Hutch- said:
its there choice not to wear it. they have the option. the only cadets that should be allowed to wear it are the ones that have done there para course.
A maroon beret is NOT optional.  You are ORDERED to put it up, and you are ORDERED to take it down...

CHIMO,  Kat

What does it mater, what about should they wear a black beret, they do not drive tanks. Or red, they are not MP qualified, or even the standard green, they are not qualified any trade. They are cadets and go with there association.

You are all absolutely correct...cadets are not soldiers, therefore should not wear a soldiers accouterments.  Give them a spiffy ball cap and leave unit specific head-dress to the SOLDIERS who earn them.....

Kat

2332Piper said:
Agreed. Its cadets. Who really cares? I certainly don't.

if you do not care about cadets than get off the cadet forum.

also cadets wearing the green beret usually do things like patrolling and things that there affiliated unit does, armoured will also sometimes get the opportunity to go around in vehicles. for example my corp is affiliated with armoured recce, on ftx's we will sometimes use vehicles . the maroon berets unless they jump from a plane they are not doing what there regiment does, and i don't know what the MP cadets do.

the ARMY cadets would not be very ARMY if you were to take away there berets. it would be much less if you did.

Hutch your AFU is Armoured, you wear the black beret, right? Did you pass any Armoured Trade courses? Is wearing a Maroon Beret any different then you wearing your black beret?

Your not qualified to wear it, but you are affiliated to an armoured regiment like the cadets who wear maroon berets are affiliated with para companies.

GGHG_Cadet said:
Hutch your AFU is Armoured, you wear the black beret, right? Did you pass any Armoured Trade courses? Is wearing a Maroon Beret any different then you wearing your black beret?

Your not qualified to wear it, but you are affiliated to an armoured regiment like the cadets who wear maroon berets are affiliated with para companies.

read my last post i edited it and hopefully it explains it.

GGHG_Cadet said:

GGHG Cadet, you are forgetting that new recruits are issued with black berets if they are going to be an armoured crewman. Therefore, when they first wear the beret, they are unqualified. However, you do not see recruits getting maroon berets because they hope to be going into a jump company one day. Black and green berets do not show qualification, maroon does.

2332Piper said:
Buddy, the 'patrolling' you do in cadets is nothing like the training you do in the real thing. Running around in the woods playing capture the flag and getting to ride in a Iltis does not make you 'trained' enough to wear any headress.

I'd be inclined to agree with Kat, but wearing a headdress helps instill pride in cadets. Now, that is a double edged sword, sometimes cadets run around yelling "GGFG is sooooo mucb better then the Camerons" when they know bugger all about any of the units, and aren't even a member. But I guess I'm of the opinion that its not really that big a deal.

Yeah, cadets did not earn their headdress like the rest of us have to do. But, we know who earned what, and really, thats all that matters.

Cadet corp affiliations do not mean you *are* an MP, or an armoured crewman etc etc, it just gives you something to ltach onto for traditions. MP affiliated cadet corps do not do MP stuff, just like your corp does not do armoured 'stuff'. Its something to be affiliated too, don't ever confuse that. You are not an armoured soldier, you are a cadet affiliated to a unit that has armoured soldiers.

But lets not go down that road. Cadets usually know who they are, and CF members know who earned what. 

Hey smarty pants, my comment was in regards to the issue of cadets wearing unit headdress, its not an issue. You gotta engage the old brainbox before you post things my friend.

boy you really get defencive. no need to turn it into something personal.

but like big foot said the green and black berets are not a qualification, the maroon beret is. until you have your wings you do not get it.

your 18 so that means you have not been in the military for as really long time. from the way you talk you make it sound like you are a extremely qualified soldier that has been in the military for years and knows everything about everything.

from posts you have but on it seems like you are not to fond of the cadets and what they do. so if you don't mind me asking why do you post here, why not got the the Canadian army forum or something like that. it is obvious you know everything about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back