• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

When people confuse the internet with real life

Michael OLeary

Army.ca Fixture
Subscriber
Donor
Inactive
Reaction score
Shared in accordance with fair dealings, etc.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19980505/

'Nerd' taunt drove Navy man to arson
Petty Officer Russell Tavares traveled 1,300 miles to torch rival's trailer

By Angela K. Brown
Updated: 5:02 p.m. ET July 26, 2007

ELM MOTT, Texas - A Navy man who got mad when someone mocked him as a "nerd" over the Internet climbed into his car and drove 1,300 miles from Virginia to Texas to teach the other guy a lesson.

As he made his way toward Texas, Fire Controlman 2nd Class Petty Officer Russell Tavares posted photos online showing the welcome signs at several states' borders, as if to prove to his Internet friends that he meant business.

When he finally arrived, Tavares burned the guy's trailer down.

More at link

Wow...I've DEFINITELY called some navy-types much worse things than "Nerd". Maybe I should stock up on extinguishers

Fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down....it's one thing to do that....but documenting the crime online is a whole other level of stupid.

LOL.  Pathetic, but funny.

I guess he pwned him.... ;D  He truly is 1337

Sig_Des said:
Wow...I've DEFINITELY called some navy-types much worse things than "Nerd". Maybe I should stock up on extinguishers

Maybe you should....  ;)

Tragic, but funny... how can a guy drive 1,300 miles and not think about what he was going to do afterwards - like how not to get caught?

zomg teh pwn!!111!!ONEONEELEVEN!!!11 l337 for the navy guy, l4m0r 4 t3h other dude LOLACHOPTER!

The fact he drove 1300 miles over an internet fight is the ultimate proof of nerd.

rz350 said:
zomg teh pwn!!111!!ONEONEELEVEN!!!11 l337 for the navy guy, l4m0r 4 t3h other dude LOLACHOPTER!

The fact he drove 1300 miles over an internet fight is the ultimate proof of nerd.

I disagree.  Its more demonstrative of an aggressive personality with some self-confidence issues... never mind other possible personal issues...

Back