• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Who in the army does/does not wear the LFC Badge

eliminator

Reaction score
Just switched to army and trying to make sure I have all the uniform "bling" before I go on course. Do army int officers wear the Land Forces Command badge? I'm still on an airforce base and the supply people are clueless.

You wear the Command badge of whatever command you belong to, regardless the colour of your DEU.  (Those in NDHQ don't wear one - they don't belong to a Command).

As I understand your post, you are a member of a unit which belongs to Air Command.  You'd wear the Air Command badge.

BTW - supply people are not the experts regarding what you are supposed to be wearing - perhaps a query to your RSM/SSM/Base CWO may be the best way to answer your question.

Air Command no longer wears Command Badges (FOD).

You'd wear nothing if you are posted to an AF base. Well you'd wear no Command Badge.  ;)

CDN Aviator said:
Theres no such thing Roy

HOLY SMOKES - I've been out for three years and it's changed this much?

I'll go back to my corner and shut up - my advice to the original poster regarding seeing his RSM/SSM/Base CWO stands - don't listen to fools on the Internet.

Roy

Roy Harding said:

I'll go back to my corner and shut up - my advice to the original poster regarding seeing his RSM/SSM/Base CWO stands - don't listen to fools on the Internet.

Roy

LOL. No worries Roy ... there was such a beast in existance until just a few years ago. CDN Aviator hasn't been in the AF long enough to remember it!!!  >:D

Edited to add: Supply pers at the counter were probably clueless because they probably have 5 or less years in (the ones actually woking the counter) and the AF is probably their first (only) posting ... "what the heck is a command badge??"

Roy Harding said:

Roy

Well, ive been AF for 3 years and no command badge on my tunic......

ArmyVern said:
LOL. No worries Roy ... there was such a beast in existance until just a few years ago. CDN Aviator hasn't been in the AF long enough to remember it!!!  >:D

He's just a pup.

I used to wear the Air Command Badge on my TANS, when I was Chief Clerk of 440 (T&R) Sqn, located in EDMONTON.

CDN Aviator said:
Well, ive been AF for 3 years and no command badge on my tunic......

And when I was in my Army uniform in Trenton I wore an Air Command badge on my tunic.   ;)  I think they disappeared in 2000/01. I know they were gone when I went over to DART. I left Trenton in '03. Could even have been earlier. I'll check when I get back to work on Monday because now I'm curious as to how long it's been.

The Dress Manual answer is that ...

You wear the Command Badge of the particular Command that you are "posted" to (if that Command wears a Command Badge - if that Command wears no Command Badge, neither do you), regardless of uniform colour.

Edited to add...I somehow managed to get this bit above added onto the bottom of your post (so it looks like I edited your post now  :-[ ) instead of quoting you.

Roy Harding said:
He's just a pup.

I used to wear the Air Command Badge on my TANS, when I was Chief Clerk of 440 (T&R) Sqn, located in EDMONTON.

I wore the Mobile command badge for a while.....then went to LFC badge....then it was the Training command one........they got rid of that so i wore nothing until i remustered .  I might be new to the AF but not the CF

CDN Aviator said:
I wore the Mobile command badge for a while.....then went to LFC badge....then it was the Training command one........they got rid of that so i wore nothing until i remustered .  I might be new to the AF but not the CF

But I said you weren't in the AF long enough to remember it's Command Badge. I only knew that you weren't because I had the privilege (I am not sucking up here... :D) of clearing you out of Gagetown Supply IIRC ... you came right into my office to clear out too.

Now that I know who you are though, I just wish I'd have known who you were when I cleared you out ... boy would I have given you a hard time!!  ;D

CDN Aviator said:
...  I might be new to the AF but not the CF

You're still a pup.  ;)

To the original poster:

I apologize for giving you false information - I really did think I knew what I was talking about (but what do I know?). 

The best answer to your question remains checking in with your RSM/SSM/Base Chief.  (S)HE'LL know, without a doubt.

Good luck to you

And another good source for obtaining info on matters of dress is from the Clothing Stores supervisor. If you are unsure, don't be afraid to contact them ... it's part of their job. They hold the secondary duty of CLO (Clothing Liaison Officer) providing Dress Manual details and direction to inquiring minds. (Sometimes the BCWO even calls us to inquire if he's unsure).

ArmyVern said:
And another good source for obtaining info on matters of dress is from the Clothing Stores supervisor. If you are unsure, don't be afraid to contact them ... it's part of their job. They hold the secondary duty of CLO (Clothing Liaison Officer) providing Dress Manual details and direction to inquiring minds. (Sometimes the BCWO even calls us to inquire if he's unsure).

No kidding!?  I wasn't aware of that - and I'm married to a former Sup Tech.

Things are obviously changing rapidly - I think I'll keep my mouth shut regarding such things in the future - this thread is proof enough of my obsolescence. 

Roy Harding said:
No kidding!?  I wasn't aware of that - and I'm married to a former Sup Tech.

Things are obviously changing rapidly - I think I'll keep my mouth shut regarding such things in the future - this thread is proof enough of my obsolescence. 

I think it's all part of that do "more with less" thingy that was hoisted upon us all ...  :)

No LFC Badge here in Halifax. I did have one when I was PRes here. Now as Reg Force... nothing. And that was from the CSM.

Regards,
TN2IC

I may be stepping out of my lanes here, but how can you get the "bling" for your CF's before going on a course for said trade? If I understand the original poster correctly, he is on his way to the training system for Int O............. That being the case, you probably have no idea where you're going to be posted after completion of the course....... For all you know, your posting could send you to CFNA (A stretch I know......... but playing devils advocate)  Would they not ensure you were kitted out properly when you got to your permanent posting?  I know when I did my battle school, we had no guarentee of what Regiment we belonged until a few days prior to graduating...... then we were given our RCD or LdSH(RC) accoutrements.

I'm sure some new ones would have been ripped if some guys showed up for day 1 of course with Regimental insignia already on the DEU's.................

Regards

I'm in a "hard" Army trade, Infantry, and am at NDHQ employed in the ADM IM organization.  So, I wear the IM Group (command) badge.  They were presented to all the CF members of our directorate by the IM Gp CWO when we transferred from CMP (where, as an Infantryman, I wore the CMP/ADM (HR-Mil)/ADM Per badge).

Being an Infantry MWO in the IM Group makes me a pretty rare commodity, "one of one" if I recall.

reccecrewman said:
I may be stepping out of my lanes here, but how can you get the "bling" for your CF's before going on a course for said trade? If I understand the original poster correctly, he is on his way to the training system for Int O............. That being the case, you probably have no idea where you're going to be posted after completion of the course....... For all you know, your posting could send you to CFNA (A stretch I know......... but playing devils advocate)  Would they not ensure you were kitted out properly when you got to your permanent posting?  I know when I did my battle school, we had no guarentee of what Regiment we belonged until a few days prior to graduating...... then we were given our RCD or LdSH(RC) accoutrements.

I'm sure some new ones would have been ripped if some guys showed up for day 1 of course with Regimental insignia already on the DEU's.................

Regards

But he's not asking about regimental insignia, he's asking about a command badge, long story short, nope on the command badge, on the other hand branch insignia is a go. CFP 265 states that when previously MOC Qualified the member will wear the branch cap and collar dogs, subject to regimental regulations for the CBT Arms

reccecrewman said:

Regards

Just to clarify, I'm only going on CAP. CAP joining instructions say to bring DEU and combat slip-ons with unit titles, collar dogs, formation badge, unit cap badge, metal shoulder titles, etc. If someone is infantry, they just wear the generic infantry "bling" until they get badged by their regiment/unit.  To my knowledge, Int officers just wear the silver star insignia. They never get badged by a unit.  I'm wearing my Int cap badge on my beret. I think it would be strange to wear a "corn-flake" considering I've been in for 7 years.

I'm sure I'll get sorted out as soon a I get on course, but It's nice to know in advance.

Back