• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Wrist Watch Recommendations - Merged Thread

I’ve had the fancy watches with GPS and all the bells and whistles but always end up going back to the ole Timex Ironman as well. 60 bucks and the thing lasts forever. It’s a Great watch and does exactly what it needs to.

coyote489 said:
I’ve had the fancy watches with GPS and all the bells and whistles but always end up going back to the ole Timex Ironman as well. 60 bucks and the thing lasts forever. It’s a Great watch and does exactly what it needs to.
Concur. Brought my fancy Apple Watch on ex in Wainwright this past summer and almost destroyed it. Plus nowhere to plug it in the field. Now back to the Ironman I bought in the 90’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If anyone wants a nicer watch that is still work "ok". (Not sure of military reuirements but on the RR we need timepieces so this one only tells date/time)

I just bought a Citizen Titanium Eco-Drive time piece.. I like it quite a bit only gripe is the face is a mineral crystal instead of the sapphire crystal so more susceptible to scratching, having said that they did have the sapphire options but I did not like the look of them.

This thing, is quite attractive. Worth a look imo
Abdullah

Does it exist a tactical watch with an open electronic design or pure mechanical a system with capabilities, if you want to watch inside, 5 years without any batteries, equal temperature emission than the ground and no noise emission, waterproof 200m, -50 to 150 degrees, without any plastic or material smelly for an animal, chronometer and alarm system?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

turkeyshoot said:
Does it exist a tactical watch with an open electronic design or pure mechanical a system with capabilities, if you want to watch inside, 5 years without any batteries, equal temperature emission than the ground and no noise emission, waterproof 200m, -50 to 150 degrees, without any plastic or material smelly for an animal, chronometer and alarm system?

Apple watch looks like a big security issue.

https://www.mec.ca/en/product/5035-129/Steelix-Watch-with-NATO-Band

Momentum watch made in Canada [emoji1063]

I was at the Canex recently and noticed that they've heavily invested in G-Shock products....

daftandbarmy said:
I was at the Canex recently and noticed that they've heavily invested in G-Shock products....

I never got the appeal of the G-Shock. A cheap Timex digital (Expedition, Ironman, etc.) does the same job, and isn't nearly as clunky.

I've since moved on to automatic watches, but purely for the esthetics. I like reading an analog watch, that happens to be powered by mechanical wizardry rather than a vibrating quartz crystal.

Furniture said:
I never got the appeal of the G-Shock. A cheap Timex digital (Expedition, Ironman, etc.) does the same job, and isn't nearly as clunky.

I've since moved on to automatic watches, but purely for the esthetics. I like reading an analog watch, that happens to be powered by mechanical wizardry rather than a vibrating quartz crystal.

:nod:

Furniture, have you ever checked out the Seiko 5 Automatic Field watch (model: SNK809)?

On a nice meaty OD or black NATO strap, says old school that will go the distance.

It’s lume isn’t the best (Not dove watch grade), but it’s a hard worker that presents and functions well, while not coming anywhere close to breaking the bank.

Cheers
G2G

Attachments

• CEC36837-4C7A-4546-9A8F-911567C1F8DC.jpeg
    CEC36837-4C7A-4546-9A8F-911567C1F8DC.jpeg
    202.3 KB · Views: 134
Good2Golf said:
:nod:

Furniture, have you ever checked out the Seiko 5 Automatic Field watch (model: SNK809)?

On a nice meaty OD or black NATO strap, says old school that will go the distance.

It’s lume isn’t the best (Not dove watch grade), but it’s a hard worker that presents and functions well, while not coming anywhere close to breaking the bank.

Cheers
G2G

One of those SNK809s got me started with automatics, I've since upgraded to a Hamilton Khaki Pilot Day Date. 

Furniture said:
One of those SNK809s got me started with automatics, I've since upgraded to a Hamilton Khaki Pilot Day Date.

That’s a very nice follow-up to the Seiko 5! :nod:

Interesting article.

https://theaviationist.com/2019/10/23/update-heres-why-we-saw-so-many-garmin-smart-watches-at-mcas-miramar/

Update: Here’s Why We Saw So Many Garmin Smart Watches at MCAS Miramar - 23 Oct 19.

And: https://www.ammoland.com/2019/10/garmin-tactix-charlie-tactical-gps-watch-review/#axzz64Quy7yle

Garmin Tactix Charlie – Tactical GPS Watch Review- 24 Oct 19

Anyone know if veh techs are allowed wristwatches in the shop or if they are even necessary? I heard workshops have more restrictions on jewelry.

Back