Frequently Asked Questions
What is an Army.ca Subscription?
An Army.ca Subscription is an annual payment of $30 which gives you additional features and capabilities
on Army.ca (as well as Milnet.ca, Navy.ca and Air-Force.ca), and allows
you to publicly show your support for the site.
How do I subscribe?
Simply select the Subscription Item you'd like sent to you and click on
the image below:
NOTE: You must log in before you can purchase a Navy.ca Subscription.
What if I'm not a PayPal user? Can I still subscribe?
Yes! Although PayPal is the easiest way to pay, you can also send
payment via these methods:
--> Please click here to use
the non-PayPal registration system. <--
transfer to Army [at] Army.ca
- Personal Cheque, made out to Crypto Logic Canada Inc., PO Box 144,
Port Williams NS, B0P 1T0
- Money Order cashable in Canada
Non-electronic payments will be processed once they have cleared. Note
that when paying by any of these means you can pay for more than one
year's worth of subscription if desired.
What does a subscription entitle me to?
As a new Subscriber, you get the following:
* Canada only, users from other countries may need to pay additional
shipping. Item size and colour preference will be honoured based on
available stocks. If your selection is not available you will be
contacted and may elect for an alternate choice or to wait for the next
- First year: A subscription item (see list above), Army.ca temporary
tattoos, and an Army.ca badge, mailed to your door *
- All external site advertising will be disabled
- Your account will be publicly "tagged" as an Army.ca Subscriber
- Access to a "Subscribers Only" forum
- Ability to post events to the forum calendar **
- Ability to edit existing Quotes in the Military Quote database **
- Ability to edit existing Definitions in the Military Terms database
- Ability to delete your own posts
- Ability to Request Notifications on New Topics (Subscribe to a
- Ability to edit photo information and comments in the Photo Gallery
- Unlimited Personal Message storage
- Ability to set your own unique "personal status" visible to all
** Any submissions or modifications may be rejected if they are deemed
Note: The services and features available to subscribers are subject to
change at any time without notice. Historically, this has meant the
addition of a few small features here and there.
What do the badges look like?
They are 6" wide and 2" high with a velcro back, and come in Cadpat TW
(woodland) or Cadpat AR (Desert). Here is a photo to give you an idea of
the size and quality:
Do I need a subscription?
No. All core services are available to everyone, subscriber or not.
So why would I get a subscription?
In addition to all the features listed above, a subscription is the best
way to help Army.ca stay alive, and even improve. More subscribers
means a bigger "budget" which allows us to improve or add services.
How much is a subscription?
$30 annually. Your subscription will automatically be renewed every year
unless you cancel it.
How long will it take before my Subscription is activated?
That depends on how you pay. Subscriptions purchased via PayPal will be
activated instantly, while other methods will not be activated until the
payment has cleared.
What if I don't want anyone to know I am a subscriber?
By default, the profile of all Subscribers is marked to show that they
have contributed to the site. If you do not want any public recognition
of your Subscription, simply
send me an e-mail
and your profile will be reverted back. Note that you will still have
all the rights and privileges of a subscriber, though your profile will
not indicate your status.
How do I cancel my subscription?
to view or cancel your subscription. Please note that past subscription
payments will not be reimbursed.