• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

FSA in Air Force Reserves

Jusscauios

Reaction score
hey guys, I'm currently a student interested in the reserves as an FSA. The FSA is multi-branch position so I was wondering if the Air Force Reserves recruits FSAs for part-time positions

hey guys, I'm currently a student interested in the reserves as an FSA. The FSA is multi-branch position so I was wondering if the Air Force Reserves recruits FSAs for part-time positions
Yes we do!

Where are you located, because you have to be close to a RCAF unit.

Located in Montreal, there is air force reserve unit close by
438 ETAH in St Hubert should have some contact info for their Reserve Recruiters.

You could contact the Recruiting Centre in Montreal, but my experience for reserve service is that you are far better off contacting the unit first, as they have a vested interested in moving your file through the system.

Okay thank you for the help, also is it possible to finish BMQ and the FSA training in May to August?

Haha, yea it seems all the reserve Infantry units are hiring. I thought maybe the air force would be more competitive

Well, I hope it's not too much of a hassle to switch branches as I just started the processing period.

Okay thank you for the help, also is it possible to finish BMQ and the FSA training in May to August?
Not likely. You need to be enrolled before you can be loaded on a BMQ; you need to be done BMQ before you can be loaded on FSA trianing. As you're starting the process (and by rights you haven't started the process as you're still looking for a unit) you nts won't do BMQ and FSA training from this May to this August. You "might" be able to do BMQ this year (please note most units have already loaded or are currently loading pers on summer training right now).

Haha, yea it seems all the reserve Infantry units are hiring. I thought maybe the air force would be more competitive
Why? FSA is an all elements trade, meaning they are found in the army, navy, and air force. They are equally as important to all 3. Air Reserve has a different application process than army or navy reserve, so that's really the only difference. You desk and job will be the same regardless. They are also less part time, more full time.

My wife is an FSA in the Air Res. She completed BMQ and RQ PTE from May-Nov. She was home for 3 weeks in between the two courses. I want to say she was lucky but there was another Air Res FSA on her BMQ that was on her RQ PTE as well. BMQ will likely happen very quickly, you will get loaded onto the Air Res BMQ in Aldershot NS or onto a BMQ course in St Jean. DM me if you have more questions.

Cheers,

My wife is an FSA in the Air Res. She completed BMQ and RQ PTE from May-Nov. She was home for 3 weeks in between the two courses. I want to say she was lucky but there was another Air Res FSA on her BMQ that was on her RQ PTE as well. BMQ will likely happen very quickly, you will get loaded onto the Air Res BMQ in Aldershot NS or onto a BMQ course in St Jean. DM me if you have more questions.

Cheers,
As much as your wife did both courses from May to Nov, when did she start her application? I'm going to say probably before April of the year that she did it. Reality is that being OFP by this fall is likely not going to happen for this person.

Back