• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

You're probably right.

Former heads of state DO tend to end up in some cushy jobs once they are out of office, and JT does rub shoulders with some pretty powerful people.

Like I said, I don't think he'll end up jobless unless by choice. (His net worth, while hard to nail down precisely, is pretty significant)
Trudeau is setting himself up to be the Maud'dib of climate action.

If his 11th hour promises don't secure him a victory in 2025 he'll have plenty of organizations cutting each others throats to have him. Can you imagine how much money per plate an organization could charge to have him speak? Fanatics are easily parted from their money.

He’ll be on the conference circuit sharing hotel rooms and espresso’s with this recently single specimen of emptiness:

Attachments

• IMG_1914.jpeg
    IMG_1914.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 35

If his 11th hour promises don't secure him a victory in 2025 he'll have plenty of organizations cutting each others throats to have him. Can you imagine how much money per plate an organization could charge to have him speak? Fanatics Idiots are easily parted from their money.
FTFY

You're probably right.

Former heads of state DO tend to end up in some cushy jobs once they are out of office, and JT does rub shoulders with some pretty powerful people.

Like I said, I don't think he'll end up jobless unless by choice. (His net worth, while hard to nail down precisely, is pretty significant)
Case in point: Glen Clark, when he stepped down as Premier of British Columbia, was as popular as a wet fart in church. Even the labour movement, from whence he came, seemed happy to see his back. It wasn’t long before Jimmy Pattison, no fan of the NDP, hired him as an executive and soon became president and CEO of one of Pattison’s companies.

So don’t be surprised to find Trudeau filling an office at the Fraser Institute! 🤣

So don’t be surprised to find Trudeau filling an office at the Fraser Institute! 🤣

Perhaps having him appointed to a position where he remains confined under the thumb of the government is preferable. Under NDA, of course.

We need to get these people out of office before next year.

Paywall, but the header says it all...

Freeland budget omnibus act hikes the debt ceiling to 2.1 TRILLION...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2024-05-01 at 6.31.15 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2024-05-01 at 6.31.15 AM.png
    849.2 KB · Views: 16
How can this not be seen as divisive?

Parks Canada is giving free access to parks and free boating fees to youths, new Canadians and newcomers.

100%

Massive cuts to the Public Service and Govt Depts needs to be undertaken. I will vote for anyone willing to reign in the Bureaucracy and smash it with a sledgehammer.
Agree with this. But it must be done correctly; the bloated bureaucracy needs to be thinned.

What will probably happen is the bloat will get asked where to make the cuts and they won't cut themselves or those close to the center. It will be the coalface that gets cut. So output is hampered further (do more with less), while the backend bureaucracy stays the same or grows while adding more 'requirements' to the already understaffed coalface.

I have zero confidence this would be done correctly and improve things.

If his 11th hour promises don't secure him a victory in 2025 he'll have plenty of organizations cutting each others throats to have him. Can you imagine how much money per plate an organization could charge to have him speak? Fanatics are easily parted from their money.
True. And all good points.

I don't think organizations could sell those tickets for as much as they used to be able to. A few of his fundraising dinners have had pretty low turnout over the last few months (some of them didn't get ANY press coverage) - ultimately, even some of their party faithful haven't been buying tickets to his fundraising events

So by “fairly significant,” you mean less than 1 in 5 Canadians? I think your idea of significant is….inconceivable.

Liberal-friendly pollster Nik Nanos & Coy. show Canadians are almost twice as likely to support Poilievre than Trudeau (34.9% v 18.4%) As of 19Apr2024
View attachment 84808
Interestingly more people are willing to have “Unsure” as PM than Trudeau.

Agree with this. But it must be done correctly; the bloated bureaucracy needs to be thinned.

What will probably happen is the bloat will get asked where to make the cuts and they won't cut themselves or those close to the center. It will be the coalface that gets cut. So output is hampered further (do more with less), while the backend bureaucracy stays the same or grows while adding more 'requirements' to the already understaffed coalface.

I have zero confidence this would be done correctly and improve things.
ask each civil servant what jobs they perceive as redundant and why their own particular position should be protected

We need to get these people out of office before next year.

Paywall, but the header says it all...

Freeland budget omnibus act hikes the debt ceiling to 2.1 TRILLION...
I'm glad you posted this so anybody still having doubts can see this for themselves...it doesn't get much more official than that!

In 8 years, Trudeau has doubled the national debt from $1.1T to $2.1T. It took him just 8 years to spend more money than we had spent in the previous 148 years combined.

We now spend more money just on servicing that debt (just interest, doesn't even pay any of the debt down) than we do on provincial health transfers, and those were always the biggest budget expenditures we've had...

Something to keep an eye out on is all of the 'smaller' amounts of money going out the door. If they can find a reason to spend money on something, they'll spend that money...but it's all of those 'smaller' amounts that add up to so much more than people realize.

Example...the other day Canada pledged to send Sudan $132 million. For what? Why?

There are still people out there who just can't see it, but Trudeau/Freeland's goal has long been to bankrupt the country quite intentionally.

I realize some may think of this as a conspiracy theory, because they can't or don't want to believe that there is some larger, darker plan that's hiding in the shadows...but when you look at very real events happening in plain view, with ample media coverage, all over the world - it's honestly hard not to see all the pieces of the puzzle being put together.

100%

Massive cuts to the Public Service and Govt Depts needs to be undertaken. I will vote for anyone willing to reign in the Bureaucracy and smash it with a sledgehammer.
I'm in, but only if they are also driven before us and we get comfortable seating to enjoy the lamentation of their women.

Back