• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

Good Googly, this thread is replete with law and politics "hobbyists" now it can claim stock market ones.
Going Up High School GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Well even Speaker Johnson is now trying to push Aid to Ukraine. There was a NYT article yesterday that I meant to post.

How do you value a company that doesn't produce anything but hot air? And even in the "hot air" space it is the bottom of the barrel with its competition measuring visits in double digit billions while it scrapes by on single digit millions.
Ask the other media outlets like MSNBC and CNN and ABC et al. They aren't any different. Most of their tripe is gutter journalism, hot air and biased wailing.

Setting up an IPO comes with rules and regulations on how the stock gets valued. Trump likely had little to do with it. For those that like to complain about everything Trump, you might do well to understand the process first, before questioning the valuation.

Well even Speaker Johnson is now trying to push Aid to Ukraine. There was a NYT article yesterday that I meant to post.
Like our Conservatives, most Republicans are for supporting Ukraine. Their sticking point, as is ours, is all the bullshit the left tries to tie to it. Instead of making it a straight aid package, the left wants to bury it within an omnibus bill that stands little chance of passing on its own. They leverage the aid to pass junk initiatives that costs millions and do nothing.

Like our Conservatives, most Republicans are for supporting Ukraine. Their sticking point, as is ours, is all the bullshit the left tries to tie to it. Instead of making it a straight aid package, the left wants to bury it within an omnibus bill that stands little chance of passing on its own. They leverage the aid to pass junk initiatives that costs millions and do nothing.
Actually the ‘add ons’ in the past few bills have been plus ups for DoD. It’s just Trump has dictated that Ukraine is bad, so his little cocksuckers try to run interference.

Setting up an IPO comes with rules and regulations on how the stock gets valued. Trump likely had little to do with it. For those that like to complain about everything Trump, you might do well to understand the process first, before questioning the valuation.
I actually agree with you on this. It does make me wonder how the valuation actually came about seeing as everyone seems to agree that the company is a large money loser. Essentially a valuation looks to a company's ability to generate income or to have long term potential to be an earner. Stocks effectively have two values - its capital asset value for trading at a profit or loss or its earning capacity through dividends and the like. This company seems to offer neither except as a wishful dream that MAGA will grow, will support the site and be responsive to monetizing activities on it. By the look of it, it doesn't seem to have the legs.

Then again I've been wrong before. I bet on the fact that Apple wouldn't recover from its $4.00 share value before it came out with the iPhone. :giggle:

🍻

Go on, educate us as to the rules & regulations and the process.

I actually agree with you on this. It does make me wonder how the valuation actually came about seeing as everyone seems to agree that the company is a large money loser. Essentially a valuation looks to a company's ability to generate income or to have long term potential to be an earner. Stocks effectively have two values - its capital asset value for trading at a profit or loss or its earning capacity through dividends and the like. This company seems to offer neither except as a wishful dream that MAGA will grow, will support the site and be responsive to monetizing activities on it. By the look of it, it doesn't seem to have the legs.

Then again I've been wrong before. I bet on the fact that Apple wouldn't recover from its $4.00 share value before it came out with the iPhone. :giggle:

🍻
The valuation is virtually indefensible from any perspective grounded in financial analysis- DCF, EPS, PEG, Return on (Anything) etc.

It's a pure sentiment play based on trading on the brand and capturing momentum, with additional volume coming in from traders seeking to profit from the movement.

And the thing is- in the super short term that valuation has been vindicated. Something is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. They correctly assessed that people would pay a premium for nothing.

The Yass correction has me thinking about the TikTok connection and possible fallout from a ban.

Actually the ‘add ons’ in the past few bills have been plus ups for DoD. It’s just Trump has dictated that Ukraine is bad, so his little cocksuckers try to run interference.
That's not the whole story. People aligned with both "sides" and the "middle" (eg. libertarians) object to prolonging the war for several reasons: ongoing loss of life with no apparent movement toward victory any time soon for either side, financial cost, risk of escalation, insufficient democracy and history of corruption in Ukraine.

If Trump wins, all Ukraine has to do is dump everything they've got on the Biden family into his AG's lap and all will be forgiven.

That's not the whole story. People aligned with both "sides" and the "middle" (eg. libertarians) object to prolonging the war for several reasons: ongoing loss of life with no apparent movement toward victory any time soon for either side, financial cost, risk of escalation, insufficient democracy and history of corruption in Ukraine.

If Trump wins, all Ukraine has to do is dump everything they've got on the Biden family into his AG's lap and all will be forgiven.

You might want to add on that some folks are actually invested in securing the border and were looking for leverage to make that happen. It is politically easier to threaten Ukrainian lives than American pensions.

WRT the stock offering

A reminder to all the rational thinkers in the crowd, the stock market also measures emotion.

Back