• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Battle School

CDNBlackhawk

Inactive
Reaction score
I was just on the CDN Forces recruiting sight, looking at the trade i have applied for 031 Infantry and i noticed somthing very different from previous times looking at it, It clearly says that Battle school is about 10 weeks long, and i am preatty sure that it use to be 16 weeks long.

This is what it said
Soldier Qualification

On successful completion of BMQ, Infantry Soldiers go to a Military Training Centre for the 10-week Soldier Qualification (SQ) course,

http://www.recruiting.forces.gc.ca/engraph/career/tradeinfo_e.aspx?id=1031

My question is when was this changed and how come?

SQ and QL3 courses (trades qualifications, or battle school, as they're often referred to in cbt arms) are not the same thing.  SQ is a basic training course that everyone in the army has to go through.  You'll do your time in the real battle school after your SQ is complete.

basic 10 weeks, SQ 9/10 weeks if its with the driver course its 14 weeks. BIQ is 10 weeks.

So those of us going 031 do our basic like everyone else, then another generalized course for all Army personnel which is almost 10 weeks in itself, and then we go to our trade course?

Heh, well, I'm sure by the time my basic is finished they will have changed everything around again anyways.  No need to stress it.

I just finished BIQ 3 weeks ago.....basic is 10 weeks, SQ is 7 weeks (no driver course), BIQ is 10 weeks.

Thaedes said:
Heh, well, I'm sure by the time my basic is finished they will have changed everything around again anyways.   No need to stress it.

Yes, that is why we have paper-pushers in NDHQ  ;)

Pte lebler said:
I just finished BIQ 3 weeks ago.....basic is 10 weeks, SQ is 7 weeks (no driver course), BIQ is 10 weeks.

What did your SQ course intail? Curious as to what the other 3 weeks they took out.

As I remember we had, c7, c6, c9, grenades, GPS, radio, carl gustov, field work. Did they cut out the radio and GPS?

belkin81 said:
What did your SQ course intail? Curious as to what the other 3 weeks they took out.

As I remember we had, c7, c6, c9, grenades, GPS, radio, carl gustov, field work. Did they cut out the radio and GPS?

They took out the driver course and the radio, the carl G is now in BIQ only. Not sure what else they cut out, I only did the 6 week course.

The crappy thing is really the 10 week BIQ. No more SRAAW(L), SRAAW(H), and the field portion is cut to three, three day exercises. And it seems that the army plans to cut BIQ down another 2 weeks.

Back