• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Best Coffee Joints

Who do you like

• Total voters
Scott said:
I recently found "Kicking Horse Coffee" it's organically grown from BC. Now I do catch some razzing at work for drinking "hippie crap" but I do really like it. They have several different roasts out there so keep an eye out for them. I found it at Safeway.

Better Hippie Crap then Cat Crap. Kopi Luak, is supposed to be good. $100/lb. I'm always open to new things, but this one you'd have to pay me to even think about drinking it.

As far as ordinary non-branded coffee, I usually like the flavour of some Hotel Room-Service coffees.

About five minutes from my front door is a nice little coffee shop that has a wide selection of fair trade organic coffee.  Every 3 weeks or so I go and get a new type.  These aren't flavoured coffee, just natural coffees from different parts of the world.  Some are absolutely amazing.  This past christmas I picked up 2/3s of a pound of one called mocha java.  It has justa  hint of chocolate to it and is quite good.  I believe its from sumatra.

Thers this coffe shop like the Sheerin is talking about a few towns away and there is this coffe from India they call it Monsoon Mud it is the most flavourful coffe I have ever had its not watery like some coffees its earthy I really enjoy it its an acquired taste :)

As long it it is strong it is for me. It could be a Timmies, or Arabic, Turkish. I am a believer of trying the local coffee in the countries I have been to.

I exist on caffeine. If there's caffeine in it and it's hot...I'll drink it. Best cup I ever had (a little teeny-tiny cup it was) was a Turkish brew just off the Omayad Mosque in Damascus. Top half liquid, bottom half tar. It was delicious and I was up for a good 4 days after. Here, I settle for Timmies, X-Large...black.

I don't know who did the poll, but one place we have here that is pretty good, is JJ Bean.

NavComm said:
I've had kicking horse coffee, they sell it in a lot of stores near me. It's very good. Also, cafe espresso is some kind of fair trade coffee, it's really good but harder to find.

Kicking Horse is really good, they carry it at all the Loblaw's in Ottawa, in the health food section. Their Kick Ass roast is my fave!

armyvern said:
I exist on caffeine. If there's caffeine in it and it's hot...I'll drink it. Best cup I ever had (a little teeny-tiny cup it was) was a Turkish brew just off the Omayad Mosque in Damascus. Top half liquid, bottom half tar. It was delicious and I was up for a good 4 days after. Here, I settle for Timmies, X-Large...black.
Turkish coffee - strain the bottom part thru your teeth.... yeah - you're ready to volunteer for Duty Officer / NCO for the next 3 or 4 days.

brin11 said:
I'm usually disappointed though at Tim's, they rarely have my favourite donut, strawberry filled.   :(

I feel your pain.

I only go to timmie's to get free cheescake from the people that work there...or when friends say "wouldn't it be cool to buy 12 cookies?"

:cdn:

Green Beans in Kabul, Khandahar and Bagram aren't bad...

Duey -- the GreenBeans Hazlenut bags are my favourite here.
  But I must admit that even my Triple Carmel Machiatto in Bagram every week does not make up to a Timmies.  :'(

The things one must put up for Lord and Land... (or in my case sheer Greed  ;) )

Kev, we got a whole bunch of Timmies cans in those Op Santa boxes, I could probably score you one if you'd like...doesn't quite taste the same going through crappy little coffee makers... :-[

Duey

I'm suprised nobody has brought up the one undeniable bit of Timmies' magic:

1 X XLDD + 20 min == instant regularity

;D

DG

Holy shrimp!  A thread that hasn't been locked yet!

;D

The Internet Cafe in Diego Garcia.

Tom

DG-41 said:
I'm suprised nobody has brought up the one undeniable bit of Timmies' magic:

1 X XLDD + 20 min == instant regularity

;D

DG

Which helps build up certain muscle groups South of the equator, as this normally will occur in the middle of the Comd's morning OGp!  :eek:

Cheers,
Duey

As long as we’ve expanded our list to the far corners of the world, I have to add the street corner coffee vendors in the Boca Chica district of Cartagena Colombia. Large back thermoses of pure Colombia coffee ( the good stuff they don’t export) served in tiny thimble size shot glasses.

Ah nothing starts the morning better than mainlining caffeine.
8)

Duey - as soon as I get a Surf that runs again (long story) I will drop by with Seans Khukri and try to scam Coffee by your ferocious guard dog ;D

For the record, I am a Tim's addict.  There is a secret ingredient in the coffee that renders all other coffee useless somehow, I'm sure of it.
Has anyone ever had Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee (yes, insert weed jokes here)?  It is really dark but not in the least bit bitter.  Somehow actually even better than Tim's.  Apparently something like 90% of it is exported to Japan. 
Apologies if JBM coffee was already brought up earlier.  Who could imagine 22 pages of this?

Back