• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Did you know?

MARS

Mentor
Reaction score
An interesting video.  Not sure if the statistics are accurate, but it is food for thought.  It appears as though it was a marketing video shown to Sony execs in 2008.  It appears, from the You Tube comments and some people I have asked, that it is being played in highschools around the US and Canada.

I have not yet watched the original "shift happens" video, but I guess that is where it came from.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpEnFwiqdx8

Have also attached a link that better explains the origin

http://thefischbowl.blogspot.com/2008/08/did-you-know-music-industry-remix.html

cool video. So what does it all mean? The general idea conveyed to its target audience is to look into ways to enhance the system (whether its cultural behaviour within the organization or how they recruit or train) into a evolutionary based system. By utilizing the "information globalization" age, we can learn best practises on what they are achieving in Japan per se to teach our students here hands on so that when they are prepared to leave the nest they have the tools needed to achieve on a larger scale and just not domestically. 

One of the stronger points addressed in the slideshow is that of our dependantices on the internet for socializing, information, entertainment, and even for love ( the video suggests 1 in 8 married couples met online ). What this signifies to me is that we have began as a population to accept the globalization of information trends, the way we are taught, work, interact and the exponential rate this change is occurring can we keep up with our current way of life?

I like the idea of this playing in our classrooms. Students need that radical initiative needed to capitalize and adopt to the change in how we conduct ourselves. Being taught value creation techniques opposed to waiting for a return will always lead the way. MIT students live by this model and I believe that the rest of our schools should adopt it as well.

Anywho, thats my interputation on the video of the probably 100-100000 more that already exist by now ;)

I would have to agree it is a cool video.  :nod: Realistically society in general needs to teach our students such evolutionary systems and share the globalized information because they catch on quicker and are more resilient to change then the older eras. Not ruling out all of course, but they are the sponges for high tech information, latest trends and let face it they know usually what is far more in demand currently then their parents. Thus it is their job per se to bring the rest of us up to speed and keep us informed if you are not a person of the daily social high tech way of life. By the time most catch the wave...
100-100000 more... already exist
;)
gunshy :2c:

Back