• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

*Server Is Under High Stress*

Hmmm....did virus and spyware scan, nada.  Reset router and cable modem, nada.  Three different browsers, all do the same thing.  Very strange...

That was my next line of thought.  I just changed from Rogers' DNS server to OpenDNS (after procrastinating for months in doing so), no change at all.  Slow link from Rogers to one of the site's advertisers?  I dunno.  This is the only site that is acting up...

Hmmmm....well, I'm glad I'm not going crazy, but I'm also no closer to the cause.

Occam,

I think there was a problem last night... seems to have largely been resolved now.

Well, I am a Bell Sympatico customer, and it is slow to load for me and has been for the past twelve or so hours. 

Seems to come and go here today. Earlier it did not even want to load, and other times took a few minutes to turn a page.

Seems that with the setting of the sun, site speed is really slowing down.........Is the internet getting cold and flowing like molassis in January, or is it being overloaded by holiday surfers? 

George Wallace said:
Seems that with the setting of the sun, site speed is really slowing down.........Is the internet getting cold and flowing like molassis in January,

Well....it is -31 C outside with -41 C windchill......probably....

Slow in San Antonio, TX. and GAP, I do not miss the Wpg winters at all. Even my new residence in West Bank (soon to be West Kelowna, BC) is having record cold/snow.

Crap.  Pages sure load slow tonight.  Seems like it is taking at least 30 seconds (seems like 5 minutes) to load a page.  In that time two people can post in the "So there I was" thread.

Yep, just got slow for me, too.  Funny, as I was reading George's post, it was going pretty fast.  Delayed reaction?  ;)

ITs been working fine for me all day . I have XP with IE7

Back