• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2022 CPC Leadership Discussion: Et tu Redeux

Expert: Knowing more and more about less and less.
Better or worse than generalists knowing less and less about more and more? Discuss - leading to the second bit of this ....
The science is settled, believe the experts; and I saw this on YouTube it I heard it on a Podcast, are all very dangerous statements.

...loyal senior civil servants.
That is going to be a genuine problem.
The PS needs to be cleaned out. Based on the PS "performances" at the various Parliamentary Committee meetings.

That is going to be a genuine problem.
The PS needs to be cleaned out. Based on the PS "performances" at the various Parliamentary Committee meetings.
I think a relatively simple change that could be made by the new Govt in 2025 is to order the Clerk of the Privy Council to end “EX tourism” in the Federal Government. Moving between Departments as an EX would be by exception only.

This would serve to increase accountability, expertise and loyalty to the Department and not just do a job (ineffectively) for two years then skate away to a new Ministery, leaving tears in your wake…

The GoC has adopted the same philosophy as GE and Boeing, that technical competence in an area isn't necessary.

To be fair, all reports out of Stats Can are that having a career statistician in charge was an abysmal failure, so...

The GoC has adopted the same philosophy as GE and Boeing, that technical competence in an area isn't necessary.

To be fair, all reports out of Stats Can are that having a career statistician in charge was an abysmal failure, so...
I would rather problem children stay within their own Ministries, than breed an multiply…

Here's a thought:

There is no magic formula.

Individuals and circumstances are both highly variable and subject to change. There is a large element of dice-rolling in managing affairs.

Some people get lucky and are matched to their moment. The same person in different circumstances can be a complete and utter failure. One of my heroes, Churchill, was both.

And, for some, that can be really frightening.

PP has one chance to get this right. He won't be a two term PM if he screws this up and he'll need two, at least, to fix the big issues.

A lot of the little things will get thrown into the "too hard" and "later" piles. Some will go straight to the "what the hell was I thinking when I said that?" bin.

PP has one chance to get this right. He won't be a two term PM if he screws this up and he'll need two, at least, to fix the big issues.

A lot of the little things will get thrown into the "too hard" and "later" piles. Some will go straight to the "what the hell was I thinking when I said that?" bin.
And, cynically, his wealth appears to be largely derived from playing the exact system that is part of the problem; building a portfolio of real estate holdings that he rents out. I’m skeptical that he’ll be super inclined to pull much of the padding out of his own armchair. They never do.

I am dubious of the online claims about the wealth of the PM and of the Leader of His Majesty's Loyal Opposition. Most of those reports are generated by algorithms of limited transparency and limited utility, then boosted by rage farmers opposed to one or both.

I am dubious of the online claims about the wealth of the PM and of the Leader of His Majesty's Loyal Opposition. Most of those reports are generated by algorithms of limited transparency and limited utility, then boosted by rage farmers opposed to one or both.

Yup, I’m just talking about publicly disclosed/available information, not attaching any particular dollar figure to anything.

Yup, I’m just talking about publicly disclosed/available information, not attaching any particular dollar figure to anything.
I'm still waiting for a PM or Leader of the Opposition to claim that they're living in public housing...

And, cynically, his wealth appears to be largely derived from playing the exact system that is part of the problem; building a portfolio of real estate holdings that he rents out. I’m skeptical that he’ll be super inclined to pull much of the padding out of his own armchair. They never do.
And ironically something he was able to leverage as an MP with generous housing subsidies. He isn’t the only one doing it but they are doing it.

Start there but it’s the dirty secret no MP wants to touch. Regardless of their political stripes.

And ironically something he was able to leverage as an MP with generous housing subsidies. He isn’t the only one doing it but they are doing it.

Start there but it’s the dirty secret no MP wants to touch. Regardless of their political stripes.
Mac Harb resents the implication that moving his principal residence out of Ottawa to claim allowances for living in his house in Ottawa was in any way shape or form illicit.

There is a reason why we call Mark Gerretsen, MP for Kingston and the Islands, "Slumlord Millionaire."

He has multiple holdings within the county and is part of the reason Kingston has one of the lowest vacancy rates in Canada.

I don't think some get it. We need damage control NOW!

For all the dithering and putting Pierre P under a microscope (and some let Trudeau off by ignoring his damage), get this. Next election, we need to put out the fire. We need to stop the ship from sinking before we have to abandon it. You Navy guys should get that reference. Stop worrying about the minute details of what the paint job will be on the ship, lets stop it from sinking first. Thats Canada.

At this point in time, Pierre and the CPC are the ONLY viable COA.

Trudeau? Nope, he is the one who capsized this beast to begin with and accepts no responsibility.
Singh? Nope, he is basically now a Liberal back bencher that on occasion complains about the Trudeau but usually the CPC.
The Bloc? No, they only give a damn about Quebec as they openly state.
The Greens? Yeah no, Liz May party is not an option.
Mad Max? Hell NO. He can't even get a seat.

You are left with one realistic COA for governing party.

Lets get it straight. It already sucks financially. Its gonna be a long time paying off Trudeau's binge spending.

Gotta better choice for party and leader to lead us? Lets hear it.

Back