• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Declined due to medication

jsn_2024

Reaction score
I was declined due to being on a hormone optimization program. No previous history of steroids, just was getting older and wanted to recover like I did in my 20's. Spoke with my doctors and they gave me a letter showing I ended the treatment. Should this be enough documentation to appeal the decision? Was trying to start rotp at civilian university this fall, sep 2024

It may or may not - they MAY want a good explanation from your doc as to why you were on TRT or GH or whatever you were being given AND lab results showing that you don't (a) actually need the stuff - ie dysfunctional hormonal axes and (b) that your body wasn't harmed by it (liver issues, etc). Nobody can/will give you a definite answer...however sometimes the letter they send has Easter Eggs in it as to what they want/need to hear from your treating physician/physicians. Hope that helps even a bit.

It may or may not - they MAY want a good explanation from your doc as to why you were on TRT or GH or whatever you were being given AND lab results showing that you don't (a) actually need the stuff - ie dysfunctional hormonal axes and (b) that your body wasn't harmed by it (liver issues, etc). Nobody can/will give you a definite answer...however sometimes the letter they send has Easter Eggs in it as to what they want/need to hear from your treating physician/physicians. Hope that helps even a bit.
this is what they sent me for reference:

"Dear Applicant,

Canadian Forces policies stipulate that prospective applicants applying to enroll in the Canadian Forces Regular Force and Primary Reserves must meet the Common Enrolment Medical Standards (CEMS) and the principles of Universality of Service. In essence, these orders require that Canadian Forces personnel meet stringent medical standards to serve in the Canadian Forces. It is therefore imperative that all members of the Canadian Forces are free from medical conditions which may put their health and/or the successful completion of a mission in jeopardy. All prospective applicants with documented medical conditions must be able to demonstrate that they are free of medical requirements (this means for example, the requirement to be followed regularly by a physician for a chronic medical condition, the requirement to be on longstanding medication for a chronic medical condition, or a previous medical condition with a high risk of recurrence, amongst others) in order to be considered fit to enroll.

We have reviewed the medical records accompanying your application to join the Canadian Forces. The information that you have provided indicates that you have been using Testosterone and Clomiphene. We regret to inform you that you do not meet the Common Enrolment Medical Standards as described above.

Should you not be in agreement with your medical fitness determination, your avenues of appeals are: to submit for consideration new pertinent medical information through your local Canadian Forces Recruiting Centre (CFRC) medical section; or to forward a request for a secondary review of your existing file to the Director of Medical Policy through your local CFRC medical section, being sure to outline the aspect(s) of the decision with which you disagree and the reasons why."

Any Advice going forward?

this is what they sent me for reference:

"Dear Applicant,

Canadian Forces policies stipulate that prospective applicants applying to enroll in the Canadian Forces Regular Force and Primary Reserves must meet the Common Enrolment Medical Standards (CEMS) and the principles of Universality of Service. In essence, these orders require that Canadian Forces personnel meet stringent medical standards to serve in the Canadian Forces. It is therefore imperative that all members of the Canadian Forces are free from medical conditions which may put their health and/or the successful completion of a mission in jeopardy. All prospective applicants with documented medical conditions must be able to demonstrate that they are free of medical requirements (this means for example, the requirement to be followed regularly by a physician for a chronic medical condition, the requirement to be on longstanding medication for a chronic medical condition, or a previous medical condition with a high risk of recurrence, amongst others) in order to be considered fit to enroll.

We have reviewed the medical records accompanying your application to join the Canadian Forces. The information that you have provided indicates that you have been using Testosterone and Clomiphene. We regret to inform you that you do not meet the Common Enrolment Medical Standards as described above.

Should you not be in agreement with your medical fitness determination, your avenues of appeals are: to submit for consideration new pertinent medical information through your local Canadian Forces Recruiting Centre (CFRC) medical section; or to forward a request for a secondary review of your existing file to the Director of Medical Policy through your local CFRC medical section, being sure to outline the aspect(s) of the decision with which you disagree and the reasons why."

Any Advice going forward?
They'll want to know when you started, stopped and rationale for both, as well as what the likelihood of needing it again and if a condition was associated , likelihood of recurrence.

Back