• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Trudeau Popularity - or not. Nanos research

Ok so he initiates a "carbon tax" with the stated goals of 1. Influencing people to change their climate harming behaviours, and 2. To raise money for climate helping initiative.

Unfortunately, this has "harmed" Canadians by reducing their disposable income.

So, you can either believe:

1. He believes that this is a necessary harm because he believes climate change is real and he believes these actions can have a positive effect and because he believes that the long term survival of the human race is more important than the harm done to Canaidans; or

2. He's a sadist who just wants to harm Canadians and the carbon tax was just an opportunistic way to make that happen.

Even if YOU don't believe in climate change, do you not see how insane it is to believe #2 is more probably than #1.
I choose door number 2. If it was 1 he would have relaxed the tax on NG for heating in the rest of the country when he cut back for NB

If we disappeared from planet Earth tomorrow, the temperature levels would not be affected at all.
If we disappeared from the Earth tomorrow, eventually the temp levels would probably drop because of the lack of fossil fuel burning (assuming that the factories, foundries, etc also stop at the same time). It would take time since it’s not like an on/off switch.

But that’s beside the point. The problem is that since the Industrial Revolution, humans have burned more and more fossil fuels which has raised atmospheric CO2 levels 50% since 1750, according to the NASA site below.

I choose door number 2. If it was 1 he would have relaxed the tax on NG for heating in the rest of the country when he cut back for NB
Honest question - why did he cut it back for NB? I didn’t know he did, but then again I don’t live there.

"Keep taxing the shit out of them, till they do what I say" says the guy who is worth 94 million. If he cared about us, people wouldn't be destitute after losing everything because of his fiscal fuckery. People wouldn't be living in trudeauvilles and using food banks. I'm tired of people making excuses for this piece of psycopathic garbage that still sells coal to the Chicoms and his convicted ecoterrorist that oversees the building of new coal fired plants as a member of Red China's energy program, while Canadians families freeze, hungry in their Canadian Tire tents. He gets to be warm and fed and getting richer based in no small part from his mid east oil shares. He's a hypocrite and Canadians are paying for his narcissism. He sold his soul to Soros and Schwab a long time ago. It's their agenda he's following, not Canadians.

Ok so he initiates a "carbon tax" with the stated goals of 1. Influencing people to change their climate harming behaviours, and 2. To raise money for climate helping initiative.

Unfortunately, this has "harmed" Canadians by reducing their disposable income.

So, you can either believe:

1. He believes that this is a necessary harm because he believes climate change is real and he believes these actions can have a positive effect and because he believes that the long term survival of the human race is more important than the harm done to Canaidans; or

2. He's a sadist who just wants to harm Canadians and the carbon tax was just an opportunistic way to make that happen.

Even if YOU don't believe in climate change, do you not see how insane it is to believe #2 is more probably than #1.
#3. Governments at all levels are screaming for sources of revenue. Money is fungible. Any excuse more palatable to voters will do.

Hmmm good question. I could definitely see him taking a sick pleasure in oissing off, say, gun owners.
And Albertans - his father detested the West and mostly Alberta..

And history tells us that "you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs" . And he has broken some eggs.

And Albertans - his father detested the West and mostly Alberta..

And history tells us that "you can't make an omelet without breaking some eggs" . And he has broken some eggs.
Breaking some eggs?

The guy is tearing down the coop..

Should have seen this one coming a mile off.

Canada confirms it will resume funding United Nations relief agency for Palestinians (UNRWA)​

The investigation into helping HAMAS in their terrorist attack on Oct 7 hasn't even concluded.

Normally virtue signalling gets little reaction from me. But when virtue signalling by our government could cost more lives, it's all that needs saying about the trudeau marxist party.

Should have seen this one coming a mile off.

Canada confirms it will resume funding United Nations relief agency for Palestinians (UNRWA)​

The investigation into helping HAMAS in their terrorist attack on Oct 7 hasn't even concluded.

Normally virtue signalling gets little reaction from me. But when virtue signalling by our government could cost more lives, it's all that needs saying about the trudeau marxist party.

Even better, the "pause" in funding was at a time when we weren't scheduled to send any funds anyway.

Lol. I never said governing Canada was. I said that the way that the conversation was going was like discussing football.

You must be a Cowboys fan.

And no. Trudeau may have done a lot of things deliberately, but he did not do them "to deliebraretly harm Canada." That's insane. Did Trudeau deliberately push through a carbon tax? Yes. Did it harm the country? Yes. Did he do it because he deliberately wanted to harm the country? No.

You're all arguing the intentions of a guy, I would guess, no one here has a close personal relationship with.

I think he's doing what he thinks is best, I would argue his judgment is clouded and he has lost touch with the country. And I suspect that has a lot more to do with the little voices and puppet masters he has surrounding him, telling him everything is fine and we all love him.

You're all arguing the intentions of a guy, I would guess, no one here has a close personal relationship with.

I think he's doing what he thinks is best, I would argue his judgment is clouded and he has lost touch with the country. And I suspect that has a lot more to do with the little voices and puppet masters he has surrounding him, telling him everything is fine and we all love him.
I am sorry but I do not agree with you. I know everyone has a right to their opinions and I respect that but that ( insert word here) is ruining our country and he is doing it knowing what he is doing. He has 9 years in power and he cant figure that out???? If you only listen to "yes" people in power, then you dont deserve to be there (and that goes for the military too). People have to stand up against this bureaucracy and bullcrap before its too late. How can you not see with the ethics violations and the Mr Dressup shtick and all the holidays and the " dont leave your house because of covid, but he does it 15 minutes later " that he only cares about himself and the party!

And this why I have given up on politics and voting. It's just not worth it anymore. Argh.........

Why not both?

He has his own vision of what Canada should be and views anyone who doesn't share that vision as an enemy to be hurt and removed, taking pleasure in doing so.

Canadians are getting more poor while he's throwing money where ever he feels like it. Like a "climate finance commitment" to the Philippines for $5.3 billion. Insane.

And this why I have given up on politics and voting. It's just not worth it anymore. Argh.........

You are not alone.

Voter turnout for federal elections is about 60%.

In regards to reasons or motives for his tax, why is it he is either really stupid about taxing people to "better weather" or he is evil with malintent?

I wouldn't be surpirsed if 1-5 years from now, we learn that some more consultants or some other organizations were raking in a ton of cash off of his "price on pollution"

How to fix the LPC.

Get rid of Trudeau. If you could do it now, I bet the LPC would gain 5 points in the polls immediately.

Trudeau is clearly a narcissist person who I think believes in his own omnipotence and thinks he is right what he is doing, so "damn the means just do it."

I don't think he has heard the word no very often. Further, he surrounds himself with "yes men and women", tramples anyone who stands up to him, was obviously influenced by the likes of Gerald Butts (His old university pal) and it appears in his grand plans of "doing right" throws rules, regulations and accountability out the window.

This is a very dangerous combination in my view. Canadians have long since hit the point where they are just fed up with "rich trust fund prince who lectures us all the time".

The Liberal MPs who stand behind him are some of the weakest politicians I have seen (most likely elected because of the Trudeau brand) and if Trudeau is gone, they will be thrown out hard by their constituents.

What we are seeing in my view is Canada has been sobering up in the last few years and are sick of this Trudeau lingering hangover.

You know, there is actually a third choice which is probably closer to the truth. Rather than being a sadist, he just doesn't care about the impact of his policies on the average Canadian. That is really bad when you think of it. In the vernacular he just doesn't give a F.

You know, there is actually a third choice which is probably closer to the truth. Rather than being a sadist, he just doesn't care about the impact of his policies on the average Canadian. That is really bad when you think of it. In the vernacular he just doesn't give a F.
Assuming malign intent of people on the right is pretty common among people on the left. Works both ways. If there really is malign intent on one side, then there certainly is on the other. It's infeasible that some bunch of people sharing a political alignment are all disciples of Jesus.

Assuming malign intent of people on the right is pretty common among people on the left. Works both ways. If there really is malign intent on one side, then there certainly is on the other. It's infeasible that some bunch of people sharing a political alignment are all disciples of Jesus.
Far-right/alt-right dog whistle!

... I suspect that has a lot more to do with the little voices and puppet masters he has surrounding him, telling him everything is fine and we all love him.
.... or advisors/minions/team boosters saying it's time for a change (of approach, of narrative, of team coach, whatever), and he's not listening.

Back