• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

“Selected” on CAF portal

floodster06

Reaction score
Hello all,

For about 2ish weeks now, the CAF application portal has been at the status of “Selected”. I have yet to receive an offer. What does this status of “selected” mean exactly? Does it mean I have actually secured an offer and am just waiting for it to be sent? If so, how long does it take for them to send an offer after being selected? Thanks

Well, that depends on who you ask…my recruiting office (well the one recruiter) told me it didn’t mean I was selected, it means and I quote…”at this point all that means is that you have been further considered for Selection for ROTP”…so take that for what it’s worth….when you read what it says “selected” on the online portal it certainly sounds like we are selected but according to this one recruiter not so much…up is down, down is up….this whole ROTP/recruiting process is so broken…

Hello all,

For about 2ish weeks now, the CAF application portal has been at the status of “Selected”. I have yet to receive an offer. What does this status of “selected” mean exactly? Does it mean I have actually secured an offer and am just waiting for it to be sent? If so, how long does it take for them to send an offer after being selected? Thanks
You should expect an offer within 2 weeks when you see "selected". In your case, you should probably contact your CFRC to inquire about it. Maybe they need additional information.

You should expect an offer within 2 weeks when you see "selected". In your case, you should probably contact your CFRC to inquire about it. Maybe they need additional information.
That is true for all selections other than ROTP. For ROTP it just means that they've been moved forward for possible selection from RMC. There is another selection that happens (or at least used to happen) directly at RMC and this selection process can take longer as sometimes it's based on academic standing.

That is true for all selections other than ROTP. For ROTP it just means that they've been moved forward for possible selection from RMC. There is another selection that happens (or at least used to happen) directly at RMC and this selection process can take longer as sometimes it's based on academic standing.
That's good to know! I never heard of this extra step in other forums/recruiters, but it totally makes sense.

If this is the case, in the event that RMC passes you up for this secondary selection, what would happen then? Would you be offered a job for ROTP at a civilian university?

Still nothing, but still shows as "selected". I emailed my CFRC 9 days ago and sent a follow up 3 days ago, still waiting for responses.

I was moved back to the competition list. Quite weird, whatever is happening.

If this is the case, in the event that RMC passes you up for this secondary selection, what would happen then? Would you be offered a job for ROTP at a civilian university?
Hypothetically speaking: That would depend on if you have acceptance on your own merit at a civilian university; and it's been a number of years, but I know the CAF was only funding civilian university for certain occupations.

I was moved back to the competition list. Quite weird, whatever is happening.
Dang, I checked my application portal and it was still selected, for now but for some reason the page was in French, does anyone know how to revert it back to English? I have no idea why this happened...

Don't rely on the online portal ... All my tests were done, interview, medical, and still at Step 1 online as a "Prospect"...

When I addressed this issue to the CFRC, the Sgt told me "Yeah ... it's a known issue and can't rely on the online portal."

You're better off giving them a call every 2 weeks for updates on your status.

Don't rely on the online portal ... All my tests were done, interview, medical, and still at Step 1 online as a "Prospect"...

When I addressed this issue to the CFRC, the Sgt told me "Yeah ... it's a known issue and can't rely on the online portal."

You're better off giving them a call every 2 weeks for updates on your status.
Agree with you.

Same things happen with me. I email them once in every month.

Dang, I checked my application portal and it was still selected, for now but for some reason the page was in French, does anyone know how to revert it back to English? I have no idea why this happened...
Have you received an offer yet? What did you apply for?

Have you received an offer yet? What did you apply for?
My application status was moved to selected in mid February, I applied for NWO and emailed them asking when there will be an official offer, they replied to me saying that I should be getting one around late March / early April.

My application status was moved to selected in mid February, I applied for NWO and emailed them asking when there will be an official offer, they replied to me saying that I should be getting one around late March / early April.
Are you planning on going to ROTP?

Back