• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2004 Military Grievance Board Report - Interesting Discussion Points

I was in during the sixties and seventies. There certainly was no hippy length hair, although, especially in the latter decade, the acceptable cuts mirrored civilian fashion to a certain extent. This was more so in the case of side burns than hair length. Mexican bandit type moustaches were explicitly forbidden, which caused me a bit of grief, as I had and still have a handlebar 'tache.

I can only echo the comment about the old RSMs, some of whom were remarkably superior sodliers. On the other hand, there were a few who rose to their position by their bearing and skill at foot and arms drill, not on their knowledge and ability as field soldiers.

Old Sweat said:
I was in during the sixties and seventies. There certainly was no hippy length hair, although, especially in the latter decade, the acceptable cuts mirrored civilian fashion to a certain extent. This was more so in the case of side burns than hair length. Mexican bandit type moustaches were explicitly forbidden, which caused me a bit of grief, as I had and still have a handlebar 'tache.

Like I said CH1, BIG SIDEBURNS, I don't think I said anything about 'hippy length hair' in my original post...

and the 'jar head' thing, I think, is considered a bizarre haircut.

signalsguy said:
Like I said CH1, BIG SIDEBURNS, I don't think I said anything about 'hippy length hair' in my original post...

and the 'jar head' thing, I think, is considered a bizarre haircut.

I have always gotten a 0 guard on the sides and back but I remember shortly after the somalia incident, our RSM directed that no one should be getting "aggresive" looking haircuts because the CF worried about public opinion towards "mean" looking soldiers.

Parrish the thought (pun intended). An army of mean looking soldiers. Im keeping er high and tight till the day I die.Screw you hippies.

Back