• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

2008 Abbotsford Airshow

CougarKing

Army.ca Fixture
Inactive
Reaction score
Here are a few pics that I took yesterday:

twin-seater Canadian Forces Air Command CF188-otherwise known as an F18B in US service.
DSC01176.jpg

CF188 cockpit
DSC01177.jpg

CF188 in action over crowd
DSC01228.jpg

CF Aircom CC115 Buffalo SAR plane
DSC01203.jpg

USAF C17 tail ramp

DSC01198.jpg

USAF C130

DSC01194.jpg

USAF F15C

DSC01202.jpg

CF LAVIII belonging to the Princess Patricia's Light Infantry Regiment, I think.
DSC01235.jpg

Nice pics.

The turnout looks less than stellar judging from the last pic.

Yay! 465 made it.
But from the looks of it being all closed up and not open to the public.. it might be the SAR Stby.

inferno said:
Yay! 465 made it.
But from the looks of it being all closed up and not open to the public.. it might be the SAR Stby.

Doubt it - we don't leave the stby aircraft at an airshow.  It was most likely there in support of the Skyhawks and not authorized for static display - hence the bungs and tie-downs.  The aircrew would have been back at the hotel or wandering the crowds. 

Last picture of the first post is not  F-15E........Its an F-15C

NINJA said:
The turnout looks less than stellar judging from the last pic.

The seating pictured there was "runway seating" and was an extra $10 per person, over and above the cots of admission in the first place. For my family, the cost of general admission was $80 ( for 2 adults and 3 kids) so we could hardly afford another $50 for runway seating. The show on Friday was well attended ( by North American standards) from what i saw on the ground. It could have been better but it is typical for Friday. When i drove home this morning, the weather was dismal in YXX so i think sunday might be much more crowded.

The #1 reason the YXX Airshow sucked this year:

No "Super-Fun-Happy-Time" JASDF Aircraft attendees.

Back