• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

419 Eaters: Scamming the Scammers

Pieman

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
You know those scam emails that show up in your inbox with claims of money from some king, fall of government, or claims of being a hot Russian woman trying to make it to your city for work etc. etc.  These annoying emails fill up our inbox and waste our time. Worse yet, some people do fall for these ploys and lose money to these thieves.

One of the best hobbies of mine that has proven to have hours of entertainment, is simply answering these emails. The goal of 419 eating is to simply waste the time of the scammer for as long as possible.

This holiday season, take some time to scam a scammer:

http://www.419eater.com/html/419faq.htm

This particular group has had some great success and great fun doing this. I encourage you to have a look and listen to some of their telephone conversations. In particular, one fellow got some moron to drive 2 days from the Ivory coast to a nearby country, on the ploy he would meet him at a hotel. When the fellow arrived, he said he had switched hotels two hours drive down the road.

For myself, I follow ploys asking for money via wire transfer via western union or the like. I scan fake papers saying I sent the money, and then tell them I sent it to a location all the way across the town from where they want me to send it 'by mistake', or send it by 'mistake' to a nearby city. It usually takes them about three trips back/forth before they give up. Or, I encode the document in a zip file with a 35 character password (which does not work)

Too much fun.

Back