• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

Well that is one state. Having been to Iowa I was already questioning their judgement, now it’s just been solidified …
Don’t Iowa license plates say “The Pass Through State?”

Its view points like that that created the situation the US is in. Its created a whole mass of people who think the whole thing needs to be torn down because they are essentially ignored, at best; or belittled at worst.

Its view points like that that created the situation the US is in. Its created a whole mass of people who think the whole thing needs to be torn down because they are essentially ignored, at best; or belittled at worst.

Alberta/Sask enters the chat.

40% of the Iowa vote would have stood behind one other candidate if one of DeSantis or Haley were not present.

Haley is the candidate most favoured by the neo-cons/NeverTrumpers in the Republican party. If they had all gotten behind DeSantis months ago as a "good enough" candidate, this would just be a two-candidate race. They couldn't even manage to swallow their sense of entitlement a little. It's not too late, but they are so dead set on everything-or-nothing that I doubt Haley can be dropped out in time.

Lost track of it but I saw a report of a poll suggesting the 60% of Haley's vote intended to support Biden in the general election.

If Haley wasn’t on the ticket. We have a large segment of Republicans who are Never(again)Trumpers…
*I am proudly one of those.
Well if Trump wins the nomination, you can always vote for the Biden/ Harris ticket and the further destruction of America.

Curious who will be on the Trump ticket if he gets the nod.

JPMorgan's Dimon: Biden Should Stop "Scapegoating" Trump Voters, "He Was Kind Of Right" About NATO, Immigration, Economy, China​

JP Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon said "all this negative talk about MAGA" is going to "hurt President Biden's re-election campaign" during an appearance Wednesday on CNBC from Davos.

"They're basically scapegoating" Trump supporters, Dimon said. "Just take a step back, and be honest. He was kind of right about NATO, he was kind of right about immigration. He grew the economy quite well. Tax reform worked, he was right about China."

"The Democrats have done a pretty good job with the 'deplorables' hugging onto their bibles and beer and guns. I mean, really? Can we just stop that stuff and grow up and treat other people with respect?"

"He wasn't wrong about these critical issues. That's why they're voting for him. People should be more respectful of our fellow citizens."

Curious who will be on the Trump ticket if he gets the nod.
Hard to say at this juncture.

As I am a guessing man here are my thoughts.

Assuming things don’t get dirty in the primaries. Nicky Haley could in theory be a decent choice. She could bridge the gap and get some never trumpers on board. She could also be a decent fixer behind the scenes for the POTUS. That being said she could opt to sit it out to avoid getting tarnished and screwing up a next run. If the race goes beyond NH and it gets dirty all bets on that are off.

Or he could just go with a yes man. Setting that guy up to take the Presidency temporarily and pardoning Trump. Also to work to further his agenda and not actually be a sober second thinker.

It’s a toss up i think for now.

Hard to say at this juncture.

As I am a guessing man here are my thoughts.

Assuming things don’t get dirty in the primaries. Nicky Haley could in theory be a decent choice. She could bridge the gap and get some never trumpers on board. She could also be a decent fixer behind the scenes for the POTUS. That being said she could opt to sit it out to avoid getting tarnished and screwing up a next run. If the race goes beyond NH and it gets dirty all bets on that are off.

Or he could just go with a yes man. Setting that guy up to take the Presidency temporarily and pardoning Trump. Also to work to further his agenda and not actually be a sober second thinker.

It’s a toss up i think for now.
I don’t see anyway that Trump will go with Haley at this point. He’s said some pretty negative things about here, and she’s been fairly critical of him. Trump will pick a yes man, and as a result will sink himself, and the party even deeper.

Haley is still young enough that if DJT gets the nomination that she can go with gusto on 2028 without the shit splashing from DJT.

I like it. Bout time people realized the emperor has no clothes and are calling him out on it.
It's a good, hard hitting ad. I'm no Trump fan, as you know, but I think POTUS is a bit past his 'best before date.' Sleepy Joe has done well in foreign policy, his speciality, and the economy is doing OK - not great but better than most - so he's not bad ... just worrisome for "four more years."

It's a good, hard hitting ad. I'm no Trump fan, as you know, but I think POTUS is a bit past his 'best before date.' Sleepy Joe has done well in foreign policy, his speciality, and the economy is doing OK - not great but better than most - so he's not bad ... just worrisome for "four more years."
I have to call on the "foreign policy" and "economy". Continuing Obama's crush on Iran wasn't smart. "Done well" would require a lot less unrest from countries that seem to have taken Biden's measure, found him wanting, and decided to stir the pot.

"Economy" I can't grade well as long as key measures remain below where things left off pre-COVID. Comparing achievements to the bottom of the trough - which is what Democrats have focused on since Obama was mismanaging the recovery from the 2008 downturns - is worthless. The meaningful measures are: are we back where we left off; is the trend line the same; and how quickly did we get there?

Back