• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A Deeply Fractured US

I really, for the life of me, can't believe the DNC will go to battle with the biden/harris ticket. Not unless they want to lose intentionality, leaving a number of poison pills in place. A Trump win will likely be met with riots, terrorist attacks, etc.

One possibility I'm entertaining and rolling around in my head is a bait and switch.

They've got Biden going all out as the candidate, luring the Republicans into a false sense in of security. No other candidate can get started or party permission to run. Keeps the field clear going into the primary. I can't shake the feeling that at the primary, biden will back out because of health or whatever, which also takes harris out of play. Who can step in with no real baggage and a bunch of super pacs behind them? Michelle Obama can. She stands up to run at the last minute, with Biden bringing his supporters over to her. Her running mate (not harris) will be prepositioned to jump on stage with her. The party will be completely behind this pairing and vote unanimously for them. This might accomplish a couple of things. If he hasn't planned for it (and I'm sure he has) it'll throw Trump off his game temporarily while he switches gears. It gives Michelle about 5 months from the primary to canvass and persuade voters that a fourth Obama term is a good thing. Will she bring back disaffected voters? Some likely, but I don't think enough will switch back. They are not just tired of biden, they are tired of democrat policies. She'll have a tough row to hoe.

Just random thoughts, without a whole lot of delving into the minutiae.

You got it cold, mate. Though I must have been fast asleep or something cause I completely missed the whole Obama third term.

The "bipartisan Senate border negotiations" are the usual sham.

Laws already exist to block, detain, and deport illegals. Those laws are not being enforced. The foundation for believing that more laws are a solution is...what, exactly?

"And if given that authority, I would use it the day I sign the bill into law" is essentially "I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today" (the "hamburger" being the foreign aid funding that is part of the negotiation). Republicans have been repeatedly burned by Democrats by accepting phased deals. It's why the Charlie Brown-Lucy-Football meme is often trotted out to summarize such negotiations.

Just enforce current law rigorously for a couple of years. Then see whether any new legislation is needed.
Border negotiations. Speaker Johnson has already said the senate plan is dead on arrival. It'll be up to Schumer whether to negotiate a plan or not. Chances are he'll just grandstand, blame Republicans for being intransigent and try bully everyone like he always does. Senate and house republicans have said that they require a minimum of 72 hours to peruse the bill before voting. Something Schumer is usually against doing. As Pelosi famously said, 'if you want to know what's in the bill, you'll have to vote for it to see it'. Many Republican Senators are against this and McConnell's insistence to follow schumer's lead.

You're in it. This presidential term. Biden is a puppet like trudeau. You can't seriously believe biden is actually in charge of the White House and policy making, do you?

You can't seriously believe that those videos of Biden stammering are indicative of how he communicates all the time, do you?

You're in it. This presidential term. Biden is a puppet like trudeau. You can't seriously believe biden is actually in charge of the White House and policy making, do you?
Nfl Cam Jordan GIF by New Orleans Saints

You can't seriously believe that those videos of Biden stammering are indicative of how he communicates all the time, do you?
No. I post those because they're funny and topical.

Things like the thorozine shuffle, he does, do.

Ladies and gentlemen, place your bets.

Monopoly $ only! ☺
they have like a 50% chance of dying in office not counting confounding issues. Being alive is I guess the bare minimum requirement but doesnt say much about their fitness for office

they have like a 50% chance of dying in office not counting confounding issues.

Maybe a bit better than that.

Hard to predict. Haven't had a prez die in office ( of natural causes ) in 80 years.

And he was on his fourth term. So far, these guys only have one under their belts.

01/07/24

Dr Olshansky stated on January 7, in an article in The Hill, a Washington-based newspaper: “Today his [Biden’s] chances of surviving through a second term in office are close to 75 per cent (about 10 per cent better survival than for an average man his age). Similar, although slightly less favourable survival prospects are present for Trump.”

"Similar, although slightly less favourable survival prospects are present for Trump.”

Only if assassination is on the table. Trump is healthier, physically and mentally, than Biden.

Maybe a bit better than that.

Hard to predict. Haven't had a prez die in office ( of natural causes ) in 80 years.

And he was on his fourth term. So far, these guys only have one under their belts.

01/07/24

Dr Olshansky stated on January 7, in an article in The Hill, a Washington-based newspaper: “Today his [Biden’s] chances of surviving through a second term in office are close to 75 per cent (about 10 per cent better survival than for an average man his age). Similar, although slightly less favourable survival prospects are present for Trump.”
I didnt read the articles you posted before due to paywall but its not in agreement with the sources I did read. Living isnt much of a standard. They could fall into a stroke induced coma on inauguration day and still be alive for the term or they could be like Reagan.
Theres only been two presidents that started their presidency at 70, 3 if I give you Reagan

I didnt read the articles you posted before due to paywall but its not in agreement with the sources I did read. Living isnt much of a standard. They could fall into a stroke induced coma on inauguration day and still be alive for the term or they could be like Reagan.
Theres only been two presidents that started their presidency at 70, 3 if I give you Reagan

Right. That was the doctor's opinion. Not mine.

I believe he was referring to cardiac arrest. Not brain death, or sanity.

its not in agreement with the sources I did read.

Which sources are those?

He's probably worse behind closed doors to be honest.

He probably is barely able to function behind closed doors and gets woken up for public viewings. Nevermind his platform or polices, having Biden as the leader of the United States is a complete embarrassment. He looks like a zombie half the of time. Just let the old man retire and live out his remaining few years in peace.

Right. That was the doctor's opinion. Not mine.

I believe he was referring to cardiac arrest. Not brain death, or sanity.

Which sources are those?
I just googled from your link, nothing technical. But at its base, you can start from the life expectancy and work backwards or forwards 1 or 2 SD from that

Back