• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

A LONG WAIT BUT FINALY DONE!

crawdaddy

Inactive
Reaction score
I put up a post a while back called "The bottom line for asthma"

In the post i said that i had acute asthma or "mild" and that i got rejected because of it.

So in my sad state, i decied to fight this! i sent out 2 letters

The frist Letter saying why i want to join the military, and why i should be allowed to join.

I finaly received a letter saying what my family doctor said in my medical file, so i was still rejected!

so i was still discouraged and i sent out an other letter this time with a note from my family doctor saying im fine.

today i received my respodes.............

I GOT IN! INFANTRY ARMY RESERVES! (I CAN JOIN THE REGS IF I WANT TO)

so i was right and i was dead wrong!

after months of fighting (real soldiers never give up) I have finaly started my dream career!

I have never been happier, im shaking im so happy!

Now im just waiting to be sworn in and to reveive my gear!

Thanks for listening!

regrds
CscotR Andrew L.

Congrats and good job with being persistent, and not just backing down. Who knows, your efforts may help others. Either that recruiting center might change their policies a bit, or if someone sees your post, it might convince them to be persistent as well, and it may not even be about asthma, it could be about anything.

Good luck on your future career.

Congrats! I've been through that recruiting process before, and I can second what you've mentioned. I was pretty much on the same boat as you except with an allergy issue rather, but I pretty much pushed my way through the system by going back and forth from my doctor, then to an allergist and all and pretty much didn't give up either. And that letter arrived and I know the feeling. It's amazing. In fact, I even got another job because I was so sure I was going to get rejected.....again! But miracles do happen. So for anyone else in these kinda medical situations, fight it! You get what you put in.

Thank you guys,  :salute:

it is a long and difficult trail. but its not at the end i have much to accomplish in my career in the CF.

I wish the best for all of you!

CscotR
Andrew  :cdn:

Good things come to those who persist.

Good luck

Back