• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Adding a 3rd trade choice to your application?

skuoc019

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey so I just recently completed and passed the CFAT today in Ottawa. During the post-test meeting with the recruiter I was told that I passed the CFAT for the trades I'm applying for (MP and Infantry) but was told that my 3rd trade choice (intelligence officer) was no longer available. I recently just graduated from university last week with a degree in Criminology and had my sights set on the intelligence position. I was merely wondering if the intelligence officer role is being eliminated and perhaps  merging with another position or does that mean that they will not be hiring any more people for that position ?

Also I was told that I could select a 3rd trade choice to replace the Intelligence officer trade choice and was wondering if this would be beneficial for me or should I stay stick only 2 trade choices ?

Also I forgot to ask but it seems that a lot of people on here know their CFAT scores but I wasn't told mine, just that I passed. Is my actual score something I should have?

No need to ask the same question twice.

skuoc019 said:
Hey so I just recently completed and passed the CFAT today in Ottawa. During the post-test meeting with the recruiter I was told that I passed the CFAT for the trades I'm applying for (MP and Infantry) but was told that my 3rd trade choice (intelligence officer) was no longer available. I recently just graduated from university last week with a degree in Criminology and had my sights set on the intelligence position. I was merely wondering if the intelligence officer role is being eliminated and perhaps  merging with another position or does that mean that they will not be hiring any more people for that position ?

Also I was told that I could select a 3rd trade choice to replace the Intelligence officer trade choice and was wondering if this would be beneficial for me or should I stay stick only 2 trade choices ?

Maybe you should read this thread.  :nod:

::)

Sorry.  Epic Fail.

Intelligence is a Trade that DOES NOT recruit off the street.  It also requires its personnel to be able to do RESEARCH.

I am not currently in the mood to do that research for you in order to provide you links to the appropriate threads that cover this all in detail.  Sorry.  I will leave that to your own devices.  Google is your friend.

Also, IIRC, you can't apply for both NCM and Officer trades.

George, they do hire off the street for Intelligence Officers, provided the person meets the requirements to be an officer, under the DEO or ROTP entry plans.

As far as I know, Intelligence Operators aren't hired off the street, but the CF recruiting website is kind of vague about that.

Not surprised that the Intelligence Officer position is no longer available; I was told there were only two spots in all of Canada when I wrote my CFAT earlier this month.

During my post-CFAT chat, I was told that adding a third trade to one's application was a relatively simple task that could be accomplished through calling or e-mailing your file manager. It would also be useful to have your application number on-hand, as it will streamline the process of finding your file and updating it.

Your best bet is to get hold of your CFRC and talk to someone there, as they'll have the best and most up-to-date answers available.

Best of luck with your application, and hope this helps.

stealthylizard said:
George, they do hire off the street for Intelligence Officers, provided the person meets the requirements to be an officer, under the DEO or ROTP entry plans.

As far as I know, Intelligence Operators aren't hired off the street, but the CF recruiting website is kind of vague about that.

Yes and no.  You're right about the Int O entry streams (presently ROTP or DEO).  NCM Int Ops are hired off the street on occassion but they MUST have former CF service as an Int Op in either the Reg or Res F and have previously reached the OFP for the occupation.  NCM spots are few and far between.

stealthylizard said:

As the OP has graduated, they would not qualify for either plan (ROTP or DEO); unless they have previous CAF service in either the Regs or Reserves (DEO).  In the OPs case, I stand by my statement.

Back