• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

"Adult Dogwood"

Lundymaphone

Inactive
Reaction score
Background: The "Adult Graduation Program" otherwise known as the "Adult Dogwood" is basically the diploma that gives an adult (19+) a High School Diploma in BC if they have not finished high school the "normal" route. It is University/College applicable etc.

As I was talking about RMC/ROTP with a friend we eventually go to him expressing the wish to join through the NCM route. Now he has BC's "Adult Dogwood" and asked me bluntly "is it good enough". I couldn't really give him an answer, feeling bad I decided to ask you fine folks.

I know, I know the minimum requirement is Grade 10, but I also know that a High School Diploma seems to be the de-facto minimum. Will his "Adult Dogwood" put him at such a disadvantage that it may make him uncompetative? I know it is a highly competative year for the combat arms and I just wonder if his "Adult" diploma may simply mean he is pushed to the side. I am unsure but I believe he had 80's for grades in his grade 12 courses, I will check next time I talk to him.

He is primarily interested in Armored/Combat Engineer, although Boatswain also interested him.

Thank you in advance.

Sounds like it would be equivalent to a GED.  However, his best bet is to check with the CFRC.

It basically is, I was just wondering as to its competitiveness. I am talking to him tomorrow so I'll just pass the word, I am actually talking to a recruiter right before I see him so I will ask while I am there, at least give him some info before he goes in.

Back