• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

afganistan tour

6 months i think, 6 months build up before deployment too, i think.
Although, I'm sure this differs

cause the csm from 1 gs said that 90 percent of supply coy would be deploying either in august or december

I pretty sure it is 6 months pretrianing and 6 month tour.  I might be going soon.

yup my buddies are leaving on the next roto saturday they did 6 month work up 6 month deployment

Roto 3 is from Feb 6 to Aug 6,

We trained from 12 Nov until Christmas leave and now have 4-9 days of training prior to departure.

No, Task Force (remember its not a BG any more) stood up on 12 Nov. Sub units may individually started some training earlier. But TF training did not start until after 12 Nov.

eliteboris said:
I pretty sure it is 6 months pretrianing and 6 month tour.   I might be going soon.

It was 6 mos for me.  The people who got sent home early were the only ones that were shorter.

someguyincanada said:
what is the chances of gettign a three month tour? or would it look really bad on the person?

You don't negotiate tour lengths.  I would be upset if I had to train someone new in the middle of a tour.

It happens, but your in the wrong line of work to get that. For you, the ops you'll be going on, 6 months will be the norm.

Back