• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Aged armoured soldier

seunghyun

Banned
Banned
Inactive
Reaction score
After reading a thread in the infantry section (http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/98113.0.html), I started wondering how long soldiers usually actively serve as an armoured soldier. Does this MOC become difficult as soldiers age, to the extent that they're unable to efficiently complete the tasks given?

seunghyun said:
After reading a thread in the infantry section (http://forums.milnet.ca/forums/threads/98113.0.html), I started wondering how long soldiers usually actively serve as an armoured soldier. Does this MOC become difficult as soldiers age, to the extent that they're unable to efficiently complete the tasks given?

Most troops can go until retirement. Most issues are with backs, knees due to heavy lifting over the years. There are a few with medical issues from tours such as being blown up as well.

If anything (from my experience) the longer you're in the harder it is to keep thing straight and adapt to new TTPs and drills.

I have at least 5 different turret drills for the 25mm turret due to changes over the years. I also have all 3 tank drills in there as well, from the 3 variants we've had since I joined.

Then there is the corporate knowledge as well, for both Recce and tank. It's everything from doing recce foot patrols to combat team attacks and pretty near everything in between.

Many troops that make it to retirement are extremely adept at making things work with little to no notice and being flexible, most often due to their exposure over the years to their Snr NCOs and learning through them.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

Regards

Der Panzerkommandant.... said:
Most troops can go until retirement. Most issues are with backs, knees due to heavy lifting over the years. There are a few with medical issues from tours such as being blown up as well.

If anything (from my experience) the longer you're in the harder it is to keep thing straight and adapt to new TTPs and drills.

I have at least 5 different turret drills for the 25mm turret due to changes over the years. I also have all 3 tank drills in there as well, from the 3 variants we've had since I joined.

Then there is the corporate knowledge as well, for both Recce and tank. It's everything from doing recce foot patrols to combat team attacks and pretty near everything in between.

Many troops that make it to retirement are extremely adept at making things work with little to no notice and being flexible, most often due to their exposure over the years to their Snr NCOs and learning through them.

Hope that clears it up a bit.

Regards

Sounds tough! Thank you for the insight!  :)

seunghyun said:
Sounds tough! Thank you for the insight!  :)

I liken it to cooking a frog.

Throw him in boiling water and he'll jump out. Place him in a cold pot and slowly warm it to boiling and he'll stay in and cook.

Regards

Seunghyun,
Dear s,
Armoured is a combat trade.
I.E. Combat Arm's.
Fighting troop's be it Armoured
Infantry,,, artillery,,,Airborne,,
and all other's included.
Having said that yes we age...
In our Combat Arm's trade it is
a known fact those trade's are
very phisically demanding. If you