• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

aircraft technician

pteosborne said:
Any idea why they combined all the AF trades into AVN techs, train you on all aspects for 16 months
only to put you into a specific area anyway?
IE: I got to Greenwood and I'm not really an AVN but more specifically I'm a prop tech.
Wouldnt it save training time to designate positions in Borden (CFSATE) and train accordingly? ???

This is the government, the words Cost Effective isn't in their vocabulary.

I would rather recieve a general overview on all trades, then focus on a specific area.

Looking back it wasn't a waste of time learning it all, your right.  But 8 months into the course and only halfway done
I wouldnt have said that.

It was all about amalgamation, jack off all trades master of none, instead of a pool of 8 techs you could utilize 28 techs.

BTW good post ninja, well said.

pteosborne said:
Any idea why they combined all the AF trades into AVN techs, train you on all aspects for 16 months
only to put you into a specific area anyway?
IE: I got to Greenwood and I'm not really an AVN but more specifically I'm a prop tech.
Wouldnt it save training time to designate positions in Borden (CFSATE) and train accordingly? ???

Back