• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

AK47 vs. C7 or M16

• Thread starter Thread starter Pugnacious
  • Start date Start date

Which is better? The M16 rifle or the AK47?

• M16

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • AK47

• C7

• AK74

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Necro99 said:
Bah! It shouldnt be the Ak-47 vs C7A2! It should be AK-47 vs M-14, for they where of the same period. You need to defend the C7A1-2 against the AK-107.

if ya really wanna get anal about it, then it should be AK 47 vs M1 Garand, AKM vs M14 and M16

ak 47's are ageing pieces of shit,and they have ball tearing recoil..i much rather have a c7 or an m16 plus the have that american look to them ..ak's just look like sticks...

pte laing  :salute: :cdn:

PTE-Laing said:
ak 47's are ageing pieces of crap,and they have ball tearing recoil..i much rather have a c7 or an m16 plus the have that american look to them ..ak's just look like sticks...

Your whole post is garbage.

PTE-Laing said:
ak 47's are ageing pieces of crap,and they have ball tearing recoil..i much rather have a c7 or an m16 plus the have that american look to them ..ak's just look like sticks...

???

Are you on drugs boy?

Ball tearing recoil? Oops, that must be that new magnum version  ;D.  Phuck, I have heard it all! I think we should get this pre-pubecent wannabee lad to become the site's Small Arms SME DS. He's got my vote!

Wes (again lucky I don't have a full bladder right now)

Well having to stack with a team using them is disconcerting (safety off)
- I dont like them much -- but at least I have experience with them to back up my argument... (oh like 20 years more that the Dear Pte (cadet?) Laing

PTE-Laing said:
they have ball tearing recoil..

:rofl: :rofl:

'nuff said...

Infidel-6 said:
Well having to stack with a team using them is disconcerting (safety off)
- I dont like them much --

Ya!! Definitely not an operator's design......more like designed for peasant child conscripts to use....hmmmmm.

starlight said:
Ball tearing recoil? try an FN or 20 or so rounds out of a fullbore .303

...or a Weatherby .460

Agreed.... The Closest thing Ive used to an AK-47 is the SKS, and the recoil really isn't anything to speak of... Compared to my 12 Gauge Pump... or my Buddy's Remington 700 in 30-06.... That's a Kick....

I think the AK is a perfectly fine weapon for what it was designed for, as is the C7... as other much more knowledgeable poster have stated already, its kind of an apples to oranges comparison... But that is simply my personal opinion as I have very limited (read: zero) operational experience with said weapons...

Cheers

A lot will depend on the training of the shooter and what support weapons he has firing.  I hate fair fights.

I recently put a bunch of rounds through an AK-47.  I found the recoil to be more than a C7 but less than an FN.  Either way it was manageable.  I was able to hit a 500ml bottle of water at 100m.  That's not saying much, I suppose, but it can hit what it is aimed at. 

I found the safety/ cocking procedure a bit counter-intuitive and I kept burning my hands on exposed metal towards the end.  I was covered in gun oil by the end, but that might be because the guys who use the AK in question clean in tn diesel fuel.  I still had fun.  All in all, the AK fits the Soviet model:  reliable effects without many bells/whistles or comfort/human design features.

I'll stick with the C7 for a variety of reasons, including that I don't have a choice in the matter.

Ball tearing recoil c'mon,

You've all probably seen pictures of the people firing the AK-47 while holding it over their heads.  I'd love to see someone try that with a 30-06 or a 12 Gauge, mind you that's a good way to break some fingers or a wrist.

Granted I'm only 17, but I've had a fair bit of shooting experience for my age.  Belonged to a gun club where I used to live and did some freelance pest controll for some farmers, so I'm relatively familiar with a range of calibers.

Pte. Liang no worries, the longer you are around firearms, the more you can learn.

Cheers :cheers:

GaelicSoldier said:
  I'd love to see someone try that with a 30-06 or a 12 Gauge, mind you that's a good way to break some fingers or a wrist.
hi-jack> actually, my Dad and Granpa fire scatterguns and rifles one-handed. Not over their heads, mind you.  Generally, they hit what they want to. 'Course they don't do it for anything but giggles. Kinda cool to watch Dad jack a 30-30 lever action with one hand, then aim it like pistol, though. Like the Duke in True Grit. ;D < hi-jack ends

Pretty cool, something I'd seriously pay to see.  They could make some money doing gun slinger shows.  Some of the 'old west' entertainment styles are coming back in some places.

Cheers :cheers:

oh, Lordy, NO!Never give either of them two ol' busted-up cowboys an audience! You guys think I'm bad? Where d'ya think I learned it?

They say gun-slinging comes from the mothers side....just like male-pattern baldness.

So yeah man, I whipped out my AK and totally pawned them infidels.  I went through like, 500 magazines and man did my balls hurt after.  I THINK ONE ACTUALLY GOT TORN OFF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back