• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Allowances - Post Living Differential (PLD) [MERGED]

Ex wives?

Nope - that's excess baggage - but I am certain you already knew that  :nana:

PPCLI Guy said:
Are you suggesting that we not move their "crap"?

No I am suggesting that there is a better way  rather than having a moving company come in, have mom or dadd take a day off for an estimate, then a pack and a load. costing us top dollar all for what!  A TV, Bicycle, a boom box  and a videogame system.

Since the average move is under 500 lbs anyways it should go the same way as UAB.

Barring there is no CMTT in the area. Pte Bloggins can have mom or dad pack his crap and take it to Greyhound or a trucking company that can do just as well.
Saves time and money for all parties involved, and it would mean a more timelier delivery of said crap as F & E under 500 lbs has a larger delivery window (according to the Transit Time Guide) of when it can show up at the members posting.

I think some here may take issue with what you refer to as crap.  Afterall one mans garbage is anothers gold.

I think that these days, more and more people are joining who have a spouse and/or dependents so their moves will be quite a bit larger than the average 500 lbs.  Even a lot of the single people own a house or have an apartment.

PMedMoe said:
I think that these days, more and more people are joining who have a spouse and/or dependents so their moves will be quite a bit larger than the average 500 lbs.  Even a lot of the single people own a house or have an apartment.

True, but generally speaking it is still the young, single (wo)man who make up the majority of new enrollees.

Man, when I joined, I wasn't even told I had the entitlement to move my "crap".  My "crap" sat in my parent's basement for 20 years until my Dad had enough of it and loaded it up and hauled it to me when they came for a visit one summer.  Talk about a gold mine of memories!

Closer to the topic though, is there an entitlement for a recruit to put their stuff into LTS if their parents or whoever moves?

I just got my pay statement for May and the PLD hasn't changed.  Is this the same at all bases with PLD changes or just Halifax?  Are we now waiting until June before the PLD increase kicks in?

No one in our shop got it either (Halifax as well).  So...thats 2 months backdated increase now.  I guess that MARLANTGEN was just for shits and giggles.

;D

Not just you folks...I am in Edmonton and the change still hasn't been done.  The original information I heard was mid-June so I wasn't actually expecting it in May anyways...

Eye In The Sky said:
I guess that MARLANTGEN was just for shits and giggles.
Realise that the MARLANTGEN was only issued based on information provided to MARLANT from DMPAP, and as such have no direct control over the issue.

Any Orderly Room Pay Office should of been able to provide you with this information:
CCPS Advisory - E02008
Advisory list
Date: 30 Apr 2008
Subject: Transitional PLD (TPLD) Rates 01 Apr 2008 

Refs: A. CANFORGEN 175/07 CDS 041/07 281405Z NOV 07 - CF PAY, PLD AND DND HOUSING SHELTER CHARGES
B. CANFORGEN 061/08 CMP 024/08 311241Z MAR 08 - POST LIVING DIFFERENTIAL (PLD) 2008/2009 RATES

1. On 26 Mar 08 Transitional PLD rates were implemented in accordance with reference A with an automatic re-slotting of applicable members to the appropriate TPLD level and rate, effective 01 Apr 08. CCPS Advisory - E01508 refers.

2. On 31 Mar 08 reference B was announced. The review of the new rates has been completed and while the majority of areas remain subject to TPLD, certain areas are overridden with new higher PLD rates; the remainder is subject to a regular annual PLD adjustments. Areas where members are moving from TPLD back to PLD are significant in numbers and are subject to a high risk of errors. We are moving forward to create another program to re-slot the members again. The rate upload and the re-slotting must be coordinated. Target for implementation is end May; all pay adjustments are expected to be on the Mid Jun pay.

PO2FinClk said:
Realise that the MARLANTGEN was only issued based on information provided to MARLANT from DMPAP, and as such have no direct control over the issue.

Any Orderly Room Pay Office should of been able to provide you with this information:

I bolded the operative word  :)

SigOp_Geek said:
Not just you folks...I am in Edmonton and the change still hasn't been done.  The original information I heard was mid-June so I wasn't actually expecting it in May anyways...

I'm likely being posted there, is there room to live in shacks or am I going to be forced out into the economy?

Shack space is at a premium here...the last I heard, Cpls and above are forced onto the local economy as they are "more likely to be able to afford it" than Ptes.

SigOp_Geek said:
Shack space is at a premium here...the last I heard, Cpls and above are forced onto the local economy as they are "more likely to be able to afford it" than Ptes.

That's is straight up BS. Check you info before posting.

There are members of all ranks in the shacks in Edmonton, and they will not FORCE you onto local economy if you're a Cpl. However, if a Cpl does take a room in the shacks, they should be prepared to room with Ptes.

Beadwindow 7 said:
That's is straight up BS. Check you info before posting.

There are members of all ranks in the shacks in Edmonton, and they will not FORCE you onto local economy if you're a Cpl. However, if a Cpl does take a room in the shacks, they should be prepared to room with Ptes.

I don't quite think it is entirely BS.  We just got a Cpl re-enrollee back into the platoon and he had to find living accommodations on the economy.  SLI (single living in) quarters are almost full to capacity. 

MJP said:
I don't quite think it is entirely BS.  We just got a Cpl re-enrollee back into the platoon and he had to find living accommodations on the economy.  SLI (single living in) quarters are almost full to capacity. 

I can understand if there's NO accomodations, but that wouldn't just be a rank thing. I know of many Cpls, and a few Jacks living in the W's. None of them have been Forced out.

Back