• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Allowances - Post Living Differential (PLD) [MERGED]

Has anyone seen RHU prices move to meet this 25 percent of members pay pledge ? Just curious if that’s going to mean a move up or down.

I think the rates were set for this FY before the CFHD was announced March 21st. More surprises for next year?

No one can pay more than 25% of their gross salary for a RHU.
@markppcli - My understanding is that the price is set but can be lowered. CFHA shouldn't need to change anything on their end.

So say that an RHU is $1000 (all numbers made up by me). If 25% of Mbr A's salary is $600, they fill out a form and CFHA reduces it to $600. If 25% of Mbr B's salary is $2000 then they pay $1000.

Been a while since I've been in a PMQ, but is it tied to base pay or base pay + allowances?

Been a while since I've been in a PMQ, but is it tied to base pay or base pay + allowances?
No idea I was just curious if there’s been an announced policy. I’m in a Q and it’s well below that 25 percent but I also never got a notice on the policy change. So again just curious.

No idea I was just curious if there’s been an announced policy. I’m in a Q and it’s well below that 25 percent but I also never got a notice on the policy change. So again just curious.
RHU rate is based on gross salary before allowances. It was part of the issue with PLD in that some folks in Qs were essentially paying next to nothing for their shelter (IMHO, as it should be if you're Reg F, serving somewhere at His Majesty’s pleasure) or actually paying 25% based on Posting Message roulette.

Has anyone heard about the Transitional Post Living Differential that is supposed to be coming out or is it just talk?

Has anyone heard about the Transitional Post Living Differential that is supposed to be coming out or is it just talk?

I saw something on Instagram about it. But I'm not putting much value into until I see something from my CoC.

Are they already planning to change CFHD? Or is this a separate benefit?

Well I was sent a doc by my CoC last night.

I'm still trying to digest it, but basically if you previously received PLD and now you've lost it, starting in Oct you will receive 75% that value monthly and scaling down over time to zero.

As well our pay raise has gone up from 10.4% to 12.03%. This will hit your accounts sometime in Nov with backpay.

Feel free to correct me if you know differently.

It's called Provisional PLD (i.e. PPLD). Just to elaborate a bit on what Tar said, if you "lost" PLD but are now receiving CFHD, and your CFHD is less than 75% of what your PLD was, you will get topped up so that you are getting 75% of what your PLD used to be.

So, for those who are getting some amount of CFHD, this isn't a big deal, but for those who lost PLD and are not eligible for CFHD at all, it's huge.

That 75% will decrease after a year to 50%, then 25%, then PPLD will disappear in 2026.

If you are posted, you lose PPLD. I.e if you are posted into a location where someone else is getting PPLD, you won't get PPLD.

It's called Provisional PLD (i.e. PPLD). Just to elaborate a bit on what Tar said, if you "lost" PLD but are now receiving CFHD, and your CFHD is less than 75% of what your PLD was, you will get topped up so that you are getting 75% of what your PLD used to be.

So, for those who are getting some amount of CFHD, this isn't a big deal, but for those who lost PLD and are not eligible for CFHD at all, it's huge.

That 75% will decrease after a year to 50%, then 25%, then PPLD will disappear in 2026.

If you are posted, you lose PPLD. I.e if you are posted into a location where someone else is getting PPLD, you won't get PPLD.

Thanks for amplifying/clarifying @Lumber I appreciates you. :)

Interesting. PPLD will alleviate some of the problems incurred with the implementation of CFHD but we won’t see any changes to the retention/ promotion problems.

Good news for some for a couple years.

Interesting. PPLD will alleviate some of the problems incurred with the implementation of CFHD but we won’t see any changes to the retention/ promotion problems.

Good news for some for a couple years.
In a few years it will be someone else's problem to solve... 😉

Back