• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Almost all trades are now hiring?

never say never, some people may decline, and there will be more selections

marinemech said:
never say never, some people may decline, and there will be more selections

Yep. Im happy im merit listed. First time i applied i was told to get more life experience, two years later i seemed to have a speedy process to merit listing.

ForeverLearning said:
Pretty discouraging. Im told I made it onto the merit list once i hand in one more piece of paper on friday. Seems I missed the boat

Was that a "piece of paper" you forgot or a "piece of paper" they forgot which caused you to miss the boat?

ComDvr13 said:
Com Eng just closed!  :crybaby:

If you mean Cbt Engr, then it closed for year but then it is open for next......

CLOSED = no processing for applicants who are interested in the specific occupation and who have not yet been merit listed

Doesn't mean there still aren't positions available...

DAA said:
If you mean Cbt Engr, then it closed for processing last week.....

CLOSED = no processing for applicants who are interested in the specific occupation and who have not yet been merit listed

Fair enough sir, as I have yet to write my CFAT.... :crybaby: I cant imagine that in any way I'm eligible.

:p But all in all I have more time to prepare for BMQ if all goes well for next spring.

And yes I meant Cbt Engr.  I saw it posted as Com Eng somewhere official so I went with it. Pardonne moi monsieur

ComDvr13 said:
Fair enough sir, as I have yet to write my CFAT

So then you have nothing to worry about.  I would suggest that you merely contact your CFRC and say "I am calling to book my CFAT" and then go from there...

From what I read, last selection date for most trades (including infantry) was the 21st of November... I write my CFAT followed by my interview and medical on the 26th... Did I miss my chance at being sworn in before the next fiscal year? I'm going to run out of things to go wrong  :-\ My primary goal is not to develop a nervous twitch before my interview.

Hard to say Northwinds, depends on how well you score, how your interview goes, how long it takes Borden to process your medical review, review your file for merit listing, realistically i would say you are more than likely a 2014 or later Selection. Some files can take months, and some files can take years.

DAA said:
If you mean Cbt Engr, then it closed for processing last week.....

DAA, can the CFRC continue processing the application and having it ready for April when positions open up again? Or once the trade closes that's it?

KerryBlue said:
DAA, can the CFRC continue processing the application and having it ready for April when positions open up again? Or once the trade closes that's it?

Normally, once the trade closes, they are not suppose to be processing your file any further.  But if one of your three occupation choices is still OPEN, then they will continue to process you but not necessarily for the other occupations which are CLOSED.

It's kind of hit and miss.  Some CFRC's will stop the process and some won't.

Thanks for the reply marinemech. Just have to ace everything they throw at me and hope for the best. :p

DAA said:
Normally, once the trade closes, they are not suppose to be processing your file any further.  But if one of your three occupation choices is still OPEN, then they will continue to process you but not necessarily for the other occupations which are CLOSED.

It's kind of hit and miss.  Some CFRC's will stop the process and some won't.

Then recruiter managing my file seemed to allude to me that they would continue processing it. In case spots opened up in the near future or for April. So I'm hoping they keep processing me, but i do also have my doubts.

OblivionKnight said:
From my understanding, the "Now Hiring" for most Officer trades is only for ROTP. DEO is currently closed (with the exception of "In-Demand" Officer trades), and I was told by a CFRC Detachment Commander that majority of trades for DEO will open some time after the new year (this includes the combat arms).

I heard the samething!

The recruiters told me that my trade (HCA) should open in February/March/April.

So I'm waiting!

At least, i did my CFAT and know that i scored enough to process to the interview and medical! :)

KerryBlue said:

I'm not DAA, obviously, but when I applied my trade closed before my intervie and medical were scheduled. However, they still continued to process my application and I am now merit listed for the single trade I applied for.

KerryBlue said:
Then recruiter managing my file seemed to allude to me that they would continue processing it. In case spots opened up in the near future or for April. So I'm hoping they keep processing me, but i do also have my doubts.

All three of your occupation choices are currently open for next years processing.  But only Infmn is open for the current year.  So they should continue the process for you.

I'm sure to someone this will sound like a broken record......

For the "Now Hiring" on the forces.ca website, its most likely behind by a bit.  That and there is really no way to keep it completely up to date because number of openings can change daily.  That and it could also mean a lot of different things....  seeing as how the last BMQ and BMOQ for this fiscal year is coming up quickly, anybody they "hire" now would be for next year's cycle seeing as how long it takes to process an application all the way to the merit listing stage

this is not McDonald's where you can just walk in and walk out with a job. Yes they may be hiring, but they may be looking X amount of months out, to see who is retiring or leaving the forces

Back