• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Annual issue of T4s

army

Inactive
Reaction score
Re: Don‘t get ME started

Posted by Mark Bossi M.A. Bossi, Esquire from Toronto Ontario Canada on March 05, 1999 at 14:37:57:

In Reply to: Don‘t get me started on the RPSR, PLEASE!!!!!!!!! posted by Michael A. Dorosh on March 05, 1999 at 00:22:46:

Perhaps a point has been missed.

Due to the retroactive pay raise, some personnel received a very large, lump sum backpayment - in some cases, this caused an increase in the rate of income taxation.
Therefore, as a direct result of the pay raise, it was more important than usual that T4s be distributed in a timely fashion i.e. to afford individuals the opportunity to calculate, and decide whether to make an RRSP contribution. Don‘t forget, most reservists are not eligible to contribute to the CF pension plan - only Regular Force, and in some cases ex-Regs enjoy this benefit. The only related benefit for reservists is the recently instituted "separation payment" - basically, an incentive for reservists to quit after they‘ve been in long enough to make a meaningful contribution to the CF, but I digress ...

So EMMA has been offline for a few days now. With PER season just beginning it's bad timing.  Anybody have any idea when they expect it to be back up?

The email we got said server failure. Depending on backup situation, it could be a day, it could be weeks.

Somewhat related - but access to DND Learn from home is down as well.

Maybe it is just that time of the year?

EMMA is down for whatever reason, but MPRRs are still accessible through MonitorMass.

eliminator said:
EMMA is down for whatever reason, but MPRRs are still accessible through MonitorMass.

We've been using PASS/VFS too. 

eliminator said:

Thanks. MonMass is working great for these. It's a new tool for us, but I like it.

This was just released today:

1. PLEASE NOTE, AT THIS MOMENT ALL EMAA SERVICES ARE CURRENTLY DOWN.

2. PEOPLESOFT REPRESENTATIVES HAVE REPORTED THAT EMMA IS DOWN BUT THERE IS NO ETA ON RESTORAL OF SERVICES.

3. CFNOC WILL BE SENDING A FINAL ALL POINT BULLETIN ONCE SERVICES HAVE BEEN RESTORED.

END OF ENGLISH TEXT / LE TEXTE FRANÇAIS SUIT:

1. VEUILLEZ PRENDRE NOTE QUE PRÉSENTEMENT, TOUT LES SERVICES DE EMAA NE SONT PAS DISPONIBLE.

2. LES REPRÉSENTENT DE PEOPLESOFT ON AFFIRMER QUE LES SERVICES NE SERONT PAS DISPONIBLE POUR LES PROCHAIN 24 HEURES.

3. CORFC ENVERRA UN DERNIER ''ALL POINT BULLETIN'' LORSQUE LES SERVICES SERONT RÉTABLIE.

Guess someone forgot to do maintenance on the servers....or maybe budget cuts..... ;D

Eye In The Sky said:
In related news, EMAA is also down.  ;D

What can I say? I'm not an admin clerk. I was reading an email on it today when it dawned on me that I messed up the title of this thread. My bad.

Does anyone know if they will still be posting our T4s on EMAA this year?

AirDet said:
What can I say? I'm not an admin clerk. I was reading an email on it today when it dawned on me that I messed up the title of this thread. My bad.

Does anyone know if they will still be posting our T4s on EMAA this year?

As far as I understand it, the process will be automatic.  If memory serves me correct, you should also be able to access T4's through the Service Canada website.

DAA said:
As far as I understand it, the process will be automatic.  If memory serves me correct, you should also be able to access T4's through the Service Canada website.

Excellent. I had never heard of that ability before. I'll give it a try. Thanks for the helpful advice.

DAA said:
If memory serves me correct, you should also be able to access T4's through the Service Canada website.

You're right. One can. However, my postal code didn't match the one they have on file so I'll have to call them and have that fixed first.

I like to file my taxes early and get them out of the way before getting into PER season.

I just checked Service Canada and they only seem to have EI slips, Revenue Canada has last year's T4, I assume this year's aren't out yet.

EMAA came up this morning. The T4s aren't there but that's fine. I'm sure they'll be posted shortly.

AirDet said:
EMAA came up this morning. The T4s aren't there but that's fine. I'm sure they'll be posted shortly.

They were posted last year on the very last day they legally were allowed to be, although I hope that's just growing pains.

True but I have faith in the system... most days. ::)

NFLD Sapper said:
MPRR function is not working yet...

I noticed that too but have already taken the advice of someone else on this thread and printed them from MonMass.

Back