• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Any winter 2006/07 Reserve DP1s?

AFireinside13

Inactive
Reaction score
I know that reserve DP1 courses are largely run through the summer, however a Mcpl from my SQ/DP1 mentioned to me that a DP1 was run last winter as a test run.
I pinched a nerve in my back this summer in my last week of SQ and was deemed medically unfit to participate in our DP1 course  :mad:.
Im just wondering if anyone knows if his statements to me were correct, and if it will be happening again. I am in 32 Brigade.
Many thanks.

Yes , I'll be on course till about June when I'll then be sent to meaford for BIQ. My BMQ starts in october I believe and then my SQ will begin in Febuary.

They run a REG DP1 out of Meaford durning the winter (2 courses I believe) and that course is a lot better (I haven't done the DP1 so I cant comepare them but form what I've heard). I was asked if I wanted the Reg DP1 so I opted for that as opposed to waiting until the summer to comlete my training. I'm not sure if you can request the course therough your C of C, I got it because there were something like 6 required spots open before they had enough people to start  the course, but I highly encourage you to try and get on the course.

As for what you heard you may as well throw that out the window because I heard I was getting my DP2A this summer and wouldn't you know it I'm still waiting.

Thats just my opinion, Cheers.

Back