• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anybody have any good Donair stories or favourites to eat (KOD, Roberts, Tonys)

absolutely killing me with this thread!!  I have been in Toronto for a few years now and swarma != donair (east coast style).  What I wouldn't do to find a place in the city that could satisfy that tastebud again.

The church wall comment, that brought back many memories.  Always had donairs from the shop kitty-corner from the church.  Don't know the name of the place.  Only thing comparable was KOD in Fredericton when I was posted to Gagetown.

If anybody knows of a place within a couple hours drive of downtown Toronto, it would be worth the drive to try.  Wife is lactose intolerant, sucks to be her!

Donair Meat and the sauce is easy enough to whip up in your own house, it fills the void nicely when there are not any Donair shops around.

Better than driving a couple of hours to get the "fix"

plathora said:
absolutely killing me with this thread!!  I have been in Toronto for a few years now and swarma != donair (east coast style).  What I wouldn't do to find a place in the city that could satisfy that tastebud again.

The church wall comment, that brought back many memories.  Always had donairs from the shop kitty-corner from the church.  Don't know the name of the place.  Only thing comparable was KOD in Fredericton when I was posted to Gagetown.

If anybody knows of a place within a couple hours drive of downtown Toronto, it would be worth the drive to try.  Wife is lactose intolerant, sucks to be her!
If you're up near Trenton sometime, Nova Deli on Front street [exit 523?] will sell the meat by the pound and the sauce for take home.  Not bad, almost the same.  THAT"S IF HE'S OPEN AND HAS ENOUGH LEFT.... :-\

Thanks.  Have a kid brotehr posted to Kingston.  Will swing by on my next trip and give it a shot.

Never considered making my own, let's see what google can come up with.

Back