• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Anyone applying or in the recruiting process in BARRIE here?

silentspanky said:
Thanks, Well your going med tech I would assume? Going NCM or Officer? And hey my BMI I do not know what it was but I am somewhere in the 30s or whatever and I passed and am cleared for it.

The guy who did my vision, hearing, and scaled my weight said I was.. 230 pounds, and it was good enough for the army. So for my MOC i must of hit average or above. And the med tech doing the test A or B was tall but said he weighed like 300 pounds? Or maybe when he did his medoc's said that.

Either case, don't worry too much :p. You will pass just fine!

I am actually applying for ROTP for Nursing Officer.  Thanks for the input on the BMI scales.  I always thought they were an inaccurate way to measure someones weight. 
Thanks again

Although, along those lines, I also wouldn't rely upon percentile scales for determining what is a healthy weight either. "Healthier than most people" certainly doesn't translate to healthy, at least not in North America.

Not like I'm one to bloody well talk mind you.

gcclarke said:
Although, along those lines, I also wouldn't rely upon percentile scales for determining what is a healthy weight either. "Healthier than most people" certainly doesn't translate to healthy, at least not in North America.

Not like I'm one to bloody well talk mind you.

Oh, don't worry, I took that result with a grain of salt......several around the rim of a margarita glass!!  ;)

PMedMoe said:
Oh, don't worry, I took that result with a grain of salt......several around the rim of a margarita glass!!  ;)

I'll drink to that. Especially since today's my last day of two weeks of leave. Cheers!

gcclarke said:
I'll drink to that. Especially since today's my last day of two weeks of leave. Cheers!

Enjoy your leave! I am intoxicated just by the thought of what it can feel like!

silentspanky said:
Enjoy your leave! I am intoxicated just by the thought of what it can feel like!

Too late! I was back to work yesterday! :) Then again... it is the weekend. Woo more drinks!

Where is your unit? I will most likely be posted in halifax, NS. Yep I am navy!

Back