• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

anyone involved with OP DISTINCTION?

Navy_Blue

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello folks,

Just looking to see if anyone has any info on OP Distinction?  For those that don't know its in relation to the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.  My name was submitted to participate and I was wondering what a typical day looks like.  Many years ago I spent a summer on the hill working with the Grenadier Guards.  It was one of the best times I had in the reserves and the military.  From what little info I have been told is that the navy's turn is coming up and they are supplying X number of personnel and (possibly) myself.  My concern is the X number on the message seems very low for manning the monument all day everyday for a month. 

So to you army and air forces guys that have done this maybe you could fill some blanks in for me.

Thanks,

N_B

Hopefully you were chosen, seems like a great opportunity to experience something unique and an privilege to honour those fallen.

When I poked around at the time table it seemed pretty straight forward...I won't go into too much detail for opsec reasons, but it seems a couple days domestically for drill practice, and predominantly parade and ceremonial participations with a few PD days within the mix.

Seems like a good go for those involved

Back