• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application Process plz help

DaveyOldNavy

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi y'all! i was just wondering, i am currently waiting for my military application to be completed. now i have already finished my aptitude test, my medical and my interview. Currently my file is in Ottawa getting check out by a Medical officer and they should be sending it back to the CFRC where i had applied. it was about a week ago that my file had been sent. They said they will call me when my file gets back to the CFRC. How much longer is it going to take for them to call me? and what is going to happen after they call me? Thanks

Dave

Everyone entering the Recruiting Process to join any Element of the Canadian Forces, Regular or Reserves is an individual.

Timings for each individual going through the process will be different and there is no control on how long the following will take:

Medical reviews.

Enhanced Reliability Checks.

BackCheck.

The complete application process will vary in length depending on many factors.  Those who are in perfect physical condition, perfect health, no Criminal Record, good Credit Rating, good education credentials, good references, good marks on the CFAT, and fill the major criteria to join the CF will progress faster than those who may have a problem or two in those matters.  There is no guaranteed time that any part of the process will be completed.

There is not set time, please be patient.

Also please take a look at the sub boards in the recruiting boards.

DaveyOldNavy:
I echo what NFLD Sapper says. 
It will take time for the bureaucracy to do its work.  It may seem like forever during the process, but before you know it, you'll be in St Jean, polishing your boots at 10 pm, wondering why you even did the process.  Then, several weeks later, you will wonder what the fuss was all about, as you graduate and head off to your unit (after trades training, of course). 

Funny thing is this, during the training, you may hate it (or worse!).  Looking back, however, you will fondly miss those times.  So, be patient, but it will be worth it.  Keep us updated!

MR

Mine and a friends medical took about 2 weeks to get back to the CFRC recently, afterwards if all is good you get merit-listed and depending on your trade of choice and ranking you should eventually get an offer. I would call after the 2 weeks for an update, if it's not back yet call back after another week. It's good to show interest just don't call much more than that, it's a process that can't be sped up. Good luck to you though.

Back