• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Application/selection periods

sebas626

Inactive
Reaction score
I've recently applied to CF (last week) as :

1 traffik tech 2) ammo tech 3) mobile support op.
i'm 27, college diploma, no crim. rec, no debts, great physical shape, fully bilingual, and VERY motivated to get in ASAP...

I've been reading a lot of different info regarding selection dates and selection process length..
Here is my question;
Is it true that interviews or selection dates for the 2014 period were on feb 1st??? and that later applications won't be fully processed til 2015???
I know this seems to be a rookie question, but i gotta start somewhere!
THX IN ADVANCE

See below reply and link to the thread: Trades OPEN / CLOSED

Selections can occur at any time based on the needs of the CAF. No, a general app would not be unprocessed until 2015. It will be processed in the near future and you will be merit listed. Then if the CAF has a need for a position in your chosen occupation(s) and you get offered a job they will call you.

Ive been told  that having applied before the new financial year(april 1st) would increase the odds for an earlier selection...
would that be the case?
Is there a way to know how many positions are available?
Much appreciated for the intel...

As a precursor: Use more proper sentence structure as it will save you some hassle on this site :nod:

sebas626 said:
Ive been told  that having applied before the new financial year(april 1st) would increase the odds for an earlier selection...
would that be the case?

Will mean there is a greater chance? Yes, because since April 1st is the new FY. Meaning, the new recruiting intake numbers are out so there are "more spots" available. Will it necessarily mean you are more likely to get in though? Not necessarily.

sebas626 said:
Is there a way to know how many positions are available?

There may be some people on here who can chime in but I would ask your recruiter.

sebas626 said:
Much appreciated for the intel...

Just as a heads up in Canada its "Int" not intel ;)

Goose15 said:
As a precursor: Use more proper sentence structure as it will save you some hassle on this site

That includes grammar, punctuation, capitalization, and spelling etcetera.

We gots standards here.

"Intel" = American. "Int" = Canadian.

Back