• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Applying at 16

berubenic

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi,

I am currently 16 years old, 17 in two weeks. I applied online for the regular force last sunday. I choose Infantry and Combat Engineer as my choices. Will they process my application even though I'm not 17 yet? What should I do?

Thank you very much

Nick

Good day berubenic,

You will most likely have to reapply, despite turning 17 in a few weeks, as you must be at least 17 years old to apply to the Regular Force in your chosen occupations. Your application was potentially closed.

Your best option is to check with your closest recruiting detachment to see if they received your application. You can find your closest detachment here

Once you turn 17, you will still need parental/legal guardian consent.

Thank you for your fast response,

I just received an email saying that my application was selected for further processing :) This is great news for me.

Nicholas

but since u need to be  17 for the CFAT test , this is probably where you're gonna have to hold up till your birthday ... and happy birthday  in advance too btw  :salute:

Back