• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Applying for Military Police

McCaffrey

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I've been looking into going into the Military Police trade and I am currently in my first year of my 2 year college program (law and security) before I apply. I was told that right now they are not accepting anyone else into it, but I was wondering if anyone knows how often they open it. Am I looking at being able to apply at least by the time I'm done school? Or is it even quicker than that? Thank you!  :)

It could open tomorrow for all anyone knows.  However, if I were a betting man I'd say be ready for a wait.  MP is only open to OT's right now, and with how overborne the combat arms are, coupled with the fact that it's a very popular trade for guys to try and OT into, there's not much need to open it up to civvie recruitment for a while.

Thank you very much for the reply! So after reading this, I'm wondering. Would it be beneficial to me to join the Reserves while I'm finishing my college education?

RCDcpl said:
It could open tomorrow for all anyone knows.  However, if I were a betting man I'd say be ready for a wait.  MP is only open to OT's right now, and with how overborne the combat arms are, coupled with the fact that it's a very popular trade for guys to try and OT into, there's not much need to open it up to civvie recruitment for a while.
Actually, there is a need to keep civilian recruitment open and the intake plan for the next several years reflects this.

garb811 said:
Actually, there is a need to keep civilian recruitment open and the intake plan for the next several years reflects this.

I stand corrected.....my apologies

Back